What do you know of the amazon seller account sign up? Are you looking forward to starting a new online business and you don’t know where to start from? If you are then you have nothing to worry about.
Of course, there are tons of ways to starting a new business online, but you might get lost easily if you don’t know your way. Today, I will be your guide. Guiding you through one of the best ways of starting a business online and that is by becoming a seller on amazon.
Amazon Seller Account Sign Up
Do you know that you cannot only buy on the amazon online marketplace platform? Yes, you don’t just buy from this platform, you can also sell your goods and products on this platform. It is no surprise that most of the goods sold on the Amazon platform are done by amazon. But amazon still let people set up shops on the platform. With the amazon seller account, users get to sell on the platform for a price. And to get this account you need to first of all sign up for a seller account.
Benefits of Selling On Amazon
Selling on this platform, have lots of benefits. The platform is a big one. It is in fact one of the biggest if not the biggest in what it does. This platform is visited by millions of people all over the world on a daily basis. So, your product will get through to millions all over the world when you set up a shop on this platform. Below are some of the benefits you get to enjoy when you set up shop on this platform;
- You can add new and various products to your amazon catalog, unlike other online marketplace platforms.
- Customer service, shipping, fulfillment, and others will be handled by Amazon.
- Use bulk listing and reporting tools to utilize all that the platform has to offer.
- Easily customize your shipping rates any time you feel like.
These are some of the benefits you get to enjoy when you start selling your products. You should start making use of the platform today to start earning.
How Does Selling On Amazon Work
It is important that before you start selling on the platform, you understand how things work. Before you start selling on the platform you first need to decide on what you want to sell. There are more than 20 product categories on the platform. And for professional sellers, at least 10 more. Secondly, you need to select a selling plan. There are two selling plans on the platform and they are the individual plan and the professional selling plan.
With the professional plan, you get to sell an unlimited number of products and you get charged a $39.99 monthly subscription fee. Individual selling plan on the other hand offers you no monthly subscription fee, rather you get to pay $0.99 per item sold on the platform. There are other selling fees you get to pay on the platform also.
Next, after deciding on what you want to sell and your preferred plan, it’s time to register and start listing your products. I will be listing the necessary steps in registering for an account as I progress in this content. After registering, it’s time to start listing your products on the Amazon marketplace catalog. You can either list products for sale that are already on amazon or products that are not on amazon.
Now you can start selling. Amazon will notify you when an order is placed by a customer. You can let Amazon do the shipping or you can choose to handle the shipping yourself. Amazon then deposits payment directly into your bank account and then notifies you when the payment has been sent. That’s how selling on the Amazon platform works. So what are you waiting for, start selling on Amazon today.
Amazon Seller Account Fees
Now that you have decided to sell on the platform, it is important to know about the pricing fees on the platform. First, we have the amazon referral fees. This is the fee that Amazon charges for selling on their platform. This fee varies from category to category. It ranges from 12 – 40 %. Next, we have the individual seller fee. This fee costs $0.99 for each sale on the platform. We have the fulfillment by amazon (FBA) fees. This fee is $3.00 for items not weighing more than a pound. As the item gets heavier the price goes up. Other fees include inventory storage fees, media fees, and advertising costs.
How to Set Up an Amazon Selling Account
Setting up a selling account on Amazon is easy. Just follow my steps;
- On your device go to services.amazon.com.
- Scroll down the page under the heading ‘start selling on Amazon today’ and choose the kind of seller account you want to start with.
- Enter your email address in the space provided.
- Select ‘create a new account’.
- On the next page enter your personal information.
- Create a password for your account.
- Enter your business name and agree to Amazon terms of service.
- Provide your business information and verify that you are not a robot.
- Set up billing and deposit methods.
That’s all. Congratulations, you have just set up a seller account on the Amazon platform.
More Related Posts
- Amazon Mobile App: Amazon Mobile App Free Download
- Amazon Account Free: How to Create an Amazon Account For Free
- Alibaba Shopping Online: How to Shop On Alibaba
- Amazon Prime Account – Prime Amazon Membership | Prime Account on Amazon
- Amazon New Reward Program – Amazon Reward Card | Claim Your Amazon Reward Now