What are autos? An auto is a term used to refer to cars. This literally means to say that whenever the word auto is mentioned the individual is referring to a car. If you are a victim of a car accident, then you need to talk to an auto accident lawyer.
Auto Accident Lawyers in Chicago
Most individuals do not know this, but when they are victims of an accident, they can contact a lawyer and get compensation. Today we will be talking about auto accidents and Auto Accident Lawyers in Chicago.
Most car accident lawyers will help you get compensated no matter your case. Let’s say your case involves small-scale damage, catastrophic injury, or even a tragic loss of life, these lawyers will do their best to make sure you get compensated.
Things to Do when you are Involved in a Car Accident
There are certain things you should do when you are involved in a car accident. What are these things one might ask? That is why I am using this section of my article to tell you the things you should do if you are involved in a car accident.
- The first thing you should do when involved in a car accident is to get medical treatment. However, if you feel like you are not hurt, you should still see a doctor to make sure that you are ok.
- The next line of action is to take photos. Now you are not going to take just any photos. Here are some of the photos you should take. Take photos of your injuries, photos of your vehicle, photos of other vehicles involved in the accident, photos of plate numbers, and then photos of the scene of the accident.
- Write the name and contact information of individuals you can present at the scene of the accident.
- Do not speak with insurance companies and don’t sign anything without talking first to your lawyer or attorney.
After all these things are done, you should finally call your attorney or lawyer. Your lawyer will tell you the next best step to take.
Potential Grounds for Filing a Lawsuit
If you are involved in a car accident or an auto accident, you can file a lawsuit on some potential grounds. You should try to take note of these things to know what grounds your lawsuit will be filed. Below are some potential grounds for filing a lawsuit against a negligent driver.
- Talking on the phone while driving.
- Failing to yield the right way.
- Running a red light or stop sign.
- Driving while on Bluetooth.
- Not paying attention to the road.
- Selfie while driving.
- Drinking while driving.
- Arguing while driving.
- Over speeding.
- Distracted driving.
These are some grounds you can file a lawsuit on. As a victim of a car accident, you are likely to get compensated if a lawsuit is filed on this ground.
Some Auto Accident Lawyers in Chicago
Below are some Auto Accident Lawyers in Chicago.
- Shapiro Cohen and Basinger Ltd.
- Mark L. Karno & Associates LLC.
- Pfaff Gill & Ports Ltd.
- Klest Injury Law Firm.
- Law Offices of Mathys & Schneid.
- Seidman Margulis & Fairman LLP.
- Lane & Lane LLC.
- The Gori Law Firm.
- Newland & Newland LLP.
- Schramm Law Group LLC.
- Salvi & Maher.
- Hupy and Abraham S.C.