Now Blogger vs WordPress has been a little chit-chat on the internet. Many users like using blogger because it has fewer technical hassles. And many users also on the other hand like using WordPress because it has more increased power and features.
Blogger vs WordPress
The most important decision is to first pick a platform to build with. This will mean choosing between Blogger vs WordPress. Therefore with that being said, I will be guiding you or rather writing a review on both platforms. you can also see this post as a direct comparison between both platforms, which is better and why you should make use of it.
I am going to start first with Blogger. Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows multi-user to access blogs, it was bought by Google. The Blogger platform is very useful. You can also choose to customize your template using CSS (cascading style sheets).
Advantages of Using Blogger
There are more than a million reasons people start their first blog using bloggers. Blogger is a simple blogging platform where you can create a blog within a few minutes.
- It has an easy interface for new members.
- Blogger is free.
- Blogger is simple to use.
- It has amazing speed and performance.
- Blogger is product-focused.
- Blogger is owned by Google.
- It is secured.
To get started on blogger you will need a Google account, the setup process is really simple. However, you cannot change much of the design unless you have some HTML skills. This will go a long way in helping you make a decision from the two competitor’s Blogger vs WordPress.
How to Create a Blog on Blogger
It is very necessary to have a Google mail account. If you do not have you have to create one. The steps below will help you create a blog on Blogger.
- Go to the website www.blogger.com. Now sign in to your Google account if you have not done so.
- Click on create new blog.
- Provide the website’s domain name and title.
- Select a theme and tap on create blog.
You should know that blogger does not offer customer support. When your blog has been successfully created, you are going to be signed in the dashboard. The dashboard will help you customize the blog.
WordPress is free open software that allows you to easily create a blog, website, or online store. The platform powers more than 30% of the websites on the internet. To create a blog on WordPress you need to buy a hosting plan and a domain name. It sounds a bit complex but it is actually easy.
Advantages of Using WordPress
WordPress is among the top frequently used sites for building packages in the world today, it is free to sign up.
- It is flexible and adaptable.
- WordPress is user-friendly.
- WordPress themes offer multiple options.
- The platform Plugins extend the functionality
- WordPress sites rank high on Google and other search engines.
- WordPress sites are mobile responsive.
- Its community offers support.
- WordPress sites have a built-in blog.
These advantages should be able to help decide which to use Blogger vs WordPress.
How to Sign Up on WordPress
Now signing up for WordPress is easy and not complicated at all. You do not need technical skills to get started. Owning a website for your business or shop is a good initiative in bringing customers to you.
- Go to WordPress website www.WordPress.com.
- Click on get started.
- Fill in your valid email address
- Enter a username and choose the desired password
- Click on create your account
This is just the beginning of the creation of a WordPress website and there other more steps to follow, but these steps would help you lay the foundation.
How to Create a WordPress Site
Creating a WordPress site is easy as long as you have created your WordPress account.
- Login to your WordPress account and tap on the “my site” button.
- Click on add new site.
- Click on “start now” under the “create a shiny new WordPress.com site” section.
- Select the kind of site you are building and Tap on it.
- Enter the topic your blog is about.
- Tap on the continue button.
- Enter your blog name.
- Tap on continue and give your blog an address.
- Select a plan. You can tap on start with a free site.
Immediately your site will be created and you will get a welcome message saying your site has been created. That is all for our topic today Blogger vs WordPress.