CCTV Installation Guide? CCTV is the short for closed circuit television, also known as video surveillance. It is the use of video cameras to transmit a signal to a specific place, on limited set of monitors. Thus, it’s different from broadcast television in that the signal is not openly transmitted, though it may employ point to point, point to multipoint, or wireless links or mesh wired.
However, the public using the CCTV is very common in many parts of the world. In industrial plants, CCTV equipment may be used to observe parts of a process from a central control room, for instance when the environment is not suitable for humans. The system may operate regularly or only as required to monitor a particular event.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Online Stores For Accessories And Gadgets – Electronic Online Store
CCTV Installation Guide
To install CCTV can be expensive, all you need is to follow the proper guide. There are several warnings and cautions you need to know, they’re as follows:
- Make sure you handle the camera carefully. By improper handling of the camera can cause damage to the camera.
- Do not s disassemble the camera. To avoid electric shock, do not take out the screws or covers.
- Avoid blocking the cooling holes on the bracket. Blocking the cooling fan inside the camera, will lead to a build up heat which will cause it to malfunction.
- Do not run the camera beyond the specified temperature, humidity or power source rating.
- Make sure you don’t expose the indoor dome camera to rain or moisture, or try to operated it in wet areas.
- Do not use strong or abrasive detergents when cleaning the camera body
- Do not face the camera towards the sun to avoid damaging it.
These are cautions you need to take before or as you install the CCTV.
How To Install A CCTV Camera
Here are the procedure to follow to install the camera:
Choose the right spot:
This is the most important aspect of installing the camera. This helps to maximize camera coverage and minimize cable length. If you want to install it indoor , choose a corner in the room from where most entry points into the room are visible. For outdoors, choose a higher spot covering the door, window approaches, garages
Mounting The CCTV:
To mount the camera- place the camera unit at the desired place, make guide marks for drilling. Drill holes and hammer in the screw moldings. Proceed to screw the camera in place firmly. Then, insert the power cable of the camera in a socket.
Placing The DVR:
The DVR is a place where the CCTV hard disk is present. It is recommended to keep the DVR inside a locked compartment so that even if an intruder spots the DVR, they won’t destroy the recorded videos.
Managing The Cables:
Use wire moldings to keep the wire managed to safe. Nail the moldings along the path I put the Siamese surveillance wire inside.
Connect The Wires:
Below are the steps to take
- Take out about 1.5cm of outer covering of the video cable which should now expose the braids.
- Slide the crimping barrel onto the cable with wider diameter facing towards the end of the cable.
- Then, remove the white insulator covering the innermost cable
- The next thing is to insert this exposed cables into the BNC port and screw the crimping barrel.
After you have done the above, connect the DVR output port to the screen on which you want the video feed.
Power On the system:
Begin by turning on the camera, followed by the DVR. Then, setup the DVR according to the user manual provided with the DVR.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> FaceTime for Android – FaceTime for Android App | Setup FaceTime App