Getting to know how to change password on Facebook is very important for you as a Facebook user, you should try to change password on Facebook regularly. This protects your Facebook account from scammers and also any security breach of your account, these are the reasons why it is considered essential to change password on Facebook from time to time.
Change Password on Facebook
The process of changing your password does not take long at all. As far as your internet connection is not having any issue, you can carry that out within few minutes. There are some users who do not rely on just to change password on Facebook. The two-factor authentication option is also used as an additional way of keeping Facebook accounts secure. In this article, we are going to show you easy steps on how to change password on Facebook.
How to Change Password On Facebook
Internet security is a matter to be taken very seriously and not with levity hands. This is because social media sites. Especially, Facebook is often the target of most hackers to snatch logins from users. And block every access to the users’ accounts. So like we have said earlier, a major way of avoiding this is by changing password on Facebook.
There are two ways by which you can do, you can change your password on Facebook through the web browser or through the mobile app. Go through the steps to learn how to change password on Facebook through the web browser:
- Get the Facebook website opened through a web browser and in the upper right corner of your screen, tap the downward-facing arrow to show a dropdown menu.
- Tap on “Settings & Privacy” and then “Settings,” this will direct you to a General Account Settings page.
- Tap on “Settings” located at the dropdown menu under the downward-facing arrow, tap on “Settings & privacy.”
- Next, tap on “Security and login” located at the menu on the left side of the s
- Next, scroll down to the “Login” section, and next to the “Change password” option, tap “Edit.”
- Input your current password, then enter a new one and do that the second time for confirmation.
- Tap on “Save Changes” to confirm your new password.
Alternatively, you can change your password on Facebook by making use of the mobile app, go through the steps provided below to get started:
- Ensure you actively connected to an internet source, tap, open your Facebook app, and click the three horizontal lines located at the lower right corner of your screen to access a menu of navigation options.
- Scroll down and click the “Settings & Privacy” section, and then on “Settings.”
- On the next page displayed, under “Security,” click the “Security and login” option to be directed to where your login preferences will be displayed.
- Next, under “Login,” click on “Change password”
- Finally, on the “Change Password” page, input your current password and the new password you have selected password twice for confirmation. After that, tap on “Save Changes” to get it saved, and your Facebook password will finally be changed.
In conclusion, it is advisable to use a long and complex password to avoid easy guessing by hackers. Follow the steps above and your Facebook password will be successfully changed.
More Related Posts
- Block Facebook – How to Block Someone on Facebook | Unfriending or Blocking Someone
- IOL.co.za – IOL News | IOL Newspaper | The Star | The Mecury | Sport | South Africa | IOL Newsletter
- Facebook Avatar 2020 Link – Create my Facebook Avatar | Facebook Avatar Maker
- Delete a Tweet – How to Delete a Tweet on Twitter | Twitter Sign In
- Hootsuite – Hootsuite For Free | Access Hootsuite Login