Conference Call on Android phone is very exciting and interesting besides it’s very easy. You can conference call on an Android without using a third-party app. With the emergence of video calling as a staple of telecommunication, one might think traditional conference calls are a thing of the past – but it’s not.
Android phones have the capability to perform conference calls using only the phone itself, just as people used to do back in the days before smartphones came on board.
Conference Call on Android
A conference call by definition is a telephone call that one person call talked to two to five persons or more at the same time. A conference call is created to enable the called party to participate during the call or it is set up so that the called party merely listens to the call and cannot speak.
According to Wikipedia, a conference call is a telephone call that is designed so that the calling party calls the other participants and adds them to the call. However, participants are usually able to call into the conference call themselves by dialing a telephone number that connects to a “Conference bridge,” which is a specialized type of equipment that links telephone lines.
How To Set Up A Conference Call
Conference Call Provider
To set up a conference call is very simple and easy. Just follow these three simple steps:
- By choosing a date, time if your conference call
- Inviting participants to the call – send your participants invitation with your PIN, date/time, and dial-in number(s)
- Start your call
At the agreed time all participants will dial in and enter their PIN to join your conference call. This is so because you are using a conference call provider. Examples of them are Skype, GoToMeeting, or ConfrenceCall.co.uk
If you are using companies that offer conference call services such as the above-mentioned one or others. They will allow you to set up audio or video conferences for a number of people. There are different prices available from free to hundreds of dollars a year, based on your needs and the level of service required.
You can pay per conference call that is to be charged as per how many people call in, how long the call lasts etc. You can purchase a flat-rate service, in which you have unlimited access to a conference bridge at a fixed monthly cost.
Generally, only the host pays for service. Some services will require you to buy hardware and or add/switch long-distance service. But there are prepaid services that will allow you to use your landline telephone, mobile phone, or computer. Also, put into consideration if you want a toll-free number, or if you want participants to pay long-distance charges when they call in.
Conference calls can be together with web conferences. So participants can view documents or presentations. Simultaneously while on the call. Some providers offer this as a package, but you can do this separately. For example, have all participants go to the same URL or open the same email attachment while on the call.
Smart Phone Devices
With your smartphone that is android, iOS devices. Based on the platform you want to use, Skype, WhatsApp, etc. Simply call the participants and add them to the call begin.
To do a conference call on an Android phone, Here’s how to conference call on Android.
- On the Phone icon to open your phone’s keypad and contacts list.
- Type in the phone number you want to call, or swipe through the list of contacts until you come across the person you want to call. Tap on their name, then tap on the green phone icon to call that person.
- Tap on the person you want to call.
- Once the person you’ve called picks up the call, tap on the + symbol labeled “Add call.”
- Click “Add call.”
- Repeat step two for the second person you want to call.
- Add in the second person you want to call.
- When the second person picks up the call, you will see both calls listed at the top of your screen. Tap “Merge” to merge the two calls together into one conference call. You and the two people you’ve called can now all hear and speak to each other on the same line.
- Tap “Merge.”
- When you want to end the conference call, tap the red and white phone button to hang up on everyone.
With today mobile gadgets, conference call is often being used especially for conversation between three to five persons. It is now a common ground to discuss business, etc.
Using An iPhone
To make a conference call from an iPhone, just follow these steps:
- Dial the number of the first person you want to call
- When the call connects, click on the ‘Add Call’ button
- Then dial the number of the second person and wait for the call to connect
- Click on the “Merge calls” button and the call will become a conference call
- To add more people, repeat the same process above.
You can make a conference call with about five participants. This pattern works for Android devices and iOS devices too.
You May Also Like
- Conference Call: How To Set Up And Make A Conference Call
- Conference Call on Google Voice: How To Setup a Google Conference Call For Free
- How to 3 Way FaceTime: How to Make Group Calls On The Facetime App
- Zoom Video Meeting App – Video Calling Services
- Skype how to Use – Registration | Sign In | Find Friends and Family…