Conference Call on iPhone? Making a conference call with your iPhone can take up to five persons including you. You can conference call on an Android without using a third-party app. With the emergence of video calling as a staple of telecommunication, one might think traditional conference calls are a thing of the past, but it’s not.
iPhones have the capability to perform conference calls using only the phone itself. Let’s see more on how to do a conference call on iPhone.
Conference Call on iPhone
A conference call by definition is a telephone call that one person call talked to two to five persons or more at the same time. A conference call is created to enable the called party to participate during the call or it is set up so that the called party merely listens to the call and cannot speak.
According to Wikipedia, a conference call is a telephone call that is designed so that the calling party calls the other participants and adds them to the call. However, participants are usually able to call into the conference call themselves by dialing a telephone number that connects to a “Conference bridge,” which is a specialized type of equipment that links telephone lines.
Conference Call on Smart Phones
With your smartphone that is android, iOS devices including iPhone. Based on the platform you want to use, Skype, WhatsApp, etc. Simply call the participants and add them to the call begin.
Using an iPhone
To make a conference call from an iPhone, just follow these steps:
- Dial the number of the first person you want to call
- When the call connects, click on the ‘Add Call’ button
- Then dial the number of the second person and wait for the call to connect
- Click on the “Merge calls” button and the call will become a conference call
- To add more people, repeat the same process above.
You can make a conference call with about five participants. This pattern works for Android devices and iOS devices too.
To do a conference call on an Android phone, Here’s how to conference call on Android.
- On the Phone icon to open your phone’s keypad and contacts list.
- Type in the phone number you want to call, or swipe through the list of contacts until you come across the person you want to call. Tap on their name, and then tap on the green phone icon to call that person.
- Tap on the person you want to call.
- Once the person you’ve called picks up the call, tap on the + symbol labeled “Add call.”
- Click “Add call.”
- Repeat step two for the second person you want to call.
- Add in the second person you want to call.
- When the second person picks up the call, you will see both calls listed at the top of your screen. Tap “Merge” to merge the two calls together into one conference call. You and the two people you’ve called can now all hear and speak to each other on the same line.
- Tap “Merge.”
- When you want to end the conference call, tap the red and white phone button to hang up on everyone.
With today mobile gadgets, conference call is often being used especially for conversation between three to five persons. It is now a common ground to discuss business, etc.
How to Manage a Conference Call On An iPhone
Immediately your conference call is in progress, you can go talk privately with a specific participant as well as hang up on other callers at a time. To do this, click on the blue “I” at the top f the screen to the right of the caller’s names. You will see a list of all the participants on the call with buttons to end the call or speak to them individually.
You May Also Like
- Conference Call on FaceTime: FaceTime Conference Call Requirements
- Conference Call on Android: How To Set Up A Conference Call On Your Device
- How to 3 Way FaceTime: How to Make Group Calls On The Facetime App
- Zoom Video Meeting App – Video Calling Services
- Conference Call: How To Set Up And Make A Conference Call
- Conference Call on Google Voice: How To Setup a Google Conference Call For Free