Conference Call set up gives you access to having a conference call with friends and family members. Also with potential customers, colleagues, executives, and vendors. A conference call is defined as a telephone call that one person talks to two, five persons, or more at the same time. A conference call is created to enable the called party to participate during the call or it is set up so that the called party merely listens to the call and cannot speak.
According to Wikipedia, a conference call is a telephone call that is designed so that the calling party calls the other participants and adds them to the call. However, participants are usually able to call into the conference call themselves by dialing a telephone number that connects to a “Conference bridge,” which is a specialized type of equipment that links telephone lines.
Conference Call Set Up
Conference Call set up enables you to gain access to the call platform. Setting up your conference call depends on the device you’re using. It can be in these ways:
Conference Calls can be done through video conferencing to multi-participant phone calls, and more than one provider to choose from.
However, as earlier mentioned, a conference call is a teleconference, it is a telephone call that callers can talk to several people at the same time. A conference call can be set up to allow callers to participate during the call or just listen without participating
Conference call enable you to communicate with your friends, family, and colleagues freely.
How To Set Up A Conference Call
Setting up a conference call is easy depending on your provider or the platform you are using.
Conference Call Provider
To set up a conference call is very simple and easy. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Create a conference call account if you don’t have one
- Select the right dial-in numbers for your callers
- Pick a date and time for your conferences
- Send a conference call invite
- Dial into your conferences at the scheduled appointments time
- Start your conference.
At the agreed time all participants will dial in and enter their PIN to join your conference call. This is so because you are using a conference call provider.
If you are using companies that offer conference call services, they will allow you to set up audio or video conferences for a number of people. There are different prices available from free to hundreds of dollars a year, based on your needs and the level of service required.
You can pay per conference call that is to be charged as per how many people call in, how long the call lasts etc. You can purchase a flat-rate service, in which you have unlimited access to a conference bridge at a fixed monthly cost.
Generally, only the host pays for service. Some services will require you to buy hardware and or add/switch long-distance service. But there are prepaid services that will allow you to use your landline telephone, mobile phone, or computer. Also, put into consideration if you want a toll-free number, or if you want participants to pay long-distance charges when they call in.
Conference calls can be together with web conferences. So participants can view documents or presentations. Simultaneously while on the call. Some providers offer this as a package, but you can do this separately. For example, have all participants go to the same URL or open the same email attachment while on the call.
With your smartphone that is android, iOS devices. Based on the platform you want to use, Skype, WhatsApp, etc. Simply call the participants and add them to the call begin.
How To Make A Conference Call
With today mobile gadgets, conference call is often being used especially for conversation between three to five persons. It is now a common ground to discuss business, etc.
Using An iPhone
To make a conference call from an iPhone, just follow these steps:
- Dial the number of the first person you want to call
- When the call connects, click on the ‘Add Call’ button
- Then dial the number of the second person and wait for the call to connect
- Click on the “Merge calls” button and the call will become a conference call
- To add more people, repeat the same process above.
You can make a conference call with about five participants. This pattern works for Android devices and iOS devices too.
How To Make a Conference Call On WhatsApp
To make a conference call on WhatsApp is simply
- On your WhatsApp app
- Create a new group “go to New Group
- Add all participants to the group.
- Then simply tap the telephone logo
- Add all the contacts in that group who you want to call.
- Next, click on the Telephone logo, for a voice-only or the video logo for a video call.
Conference Call now trendy and easy to use for business, conference meetings, and even family reunions. To know more on conference call go here.
- Conference Call on Skype: How to Make a Conference Call on Skype
- Conference Call Etiquette: Common Conference Call Rules And Regulations
- Zoom Conference Call: How The Zoom Conference Call Works
- FreeConference Call: Free Conference Calling Services, Plans, Pros And Cons
- Conference Calls on Google Voice: How to Set Up a Google Conference Call