Degree Symbol in word. Several times you may want to insert the degree symbol in Microsoft Word to show temperature readings rather than typing the word “degrees.” However, this may not be as easy as it sounds because you won’t find the degree symbol on your keyboard.
However, you can simply copy it from a webpage and paste it wherever you want which is in the case in Word. However, it’s much easier to use your keyboard. There are actually several excellent ways to do this.
Degree Symbol in Word
If you have tried to type in the degree symbol in your document or online and it fails. It not a problem and it’s not about your country of residence. Even if you’re using an iPad, iPhone Mac or Pc. The degree symbol is often not seen. The degree symbol is very needful in an expression of measurements and angles. It is also extremely helpful for expressing temperatures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Let’s see the steps to insert the degree symbol in word.
Use the Keyboard Shortcuts
Shortcut keys are usually the easiest method for inserting most symbols. The only problem is you’ll need to remember some shortcodes. You can always keep a Notepad document on your desktop for easy reference. Fortunately, with this method, you just need to hit a combination of keys to insert the degree sign anywhere in a Word document.
The bad thing about this method is that it may not work for you if your laptop keyboard doesn’t have a number pad. Desktop models come equipped with number pads, but most laptops forgo the number pad due to space limitations.
To insert the degree sign, simply follow these two steps:
- Select where you want to insert the degree symbol in Microsoft Word.
- While holding down the Alt key, use the keypad to type “0176.” Release the Alt key, and the degree sign will appear.
- Note: for this method to work, the Num Lock on your keyboard MUST be turned to OFF. If it’s ON, the keyboard will not accept numerical input.
If you’d like to know how to insert other symbols using this method, Alt Codes lists almost every symbol code.
Use the Symbol Menu in Word
Microsoft Word and Libre Office come with a built-in special characters menu that you can use to insert the degree sign. To access the symbols menu in Word, simply follow the steps below:
- Select the “Insert” tab and navigate to the “Symbols” section towards the far-right end of the screen. Click the “Symbols” icon, and you should see a list of the most common or recently used symbols.
- Click the “More Symbols” option and a rectangular grid with a full list of many different symbols that you can use will open. Locate the degree sign and click on it. You’ll also be able to see a description of the degree symbol you’ve highlighted just above the “AutoCorrect” button.
- Move the cursor to where you want to insert the degree sign in the Word document, then click the “Insert” button in the characters menu. Now every time you open the Symbols menu, you should see the degree sign in the list of the recently-used symbols. This method can save you time, as you’ll never have to repeat this process again.
Use Character Map
To use this method, follow the steps below. I used Windows 10, but it can also work on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Open your Start menu and type “Character Map” in the search box. Hit Enter. This searches your computer for the Character Map program.
- Double-click the Character Map desktop app that will populate. Doing so will open the program. Here you’ll find a list of numerous symbols and characters.
- At the bottom of the program, you should see the “advanced view” box. Click to check it. Skip this step if it’s already checked. The essence of checking the box is to be able to easily find the degree sign from a list of over one-hundred symbols.
- Now it’ll be easy to locate the degree sign. Type “degree sign” in the search box as illustrated below, then click the search button, and all the other symbols will clear, leaving behind only the degree sign.
- Double-click the degree sign, and then click “Copy.” Go to the Word document where you want to insert it and click Ctrl+ V to paste it. You can use the same procedure to insert any other special character into Word or a webpage.
Inserting a degree symbol in Microsoft Word only takes seconds once you know how to do it. No matter which method you prefer, you can finally skip typing out “degrees” and insert the symbol instead. Plus, once you’ve learned to do this, you’ll be able to insert other types of symbols too.
To read more on this topic degree symbol in word visit this site here.
Check This Out
- Degree Levels in the College: Levels of College Degrees You Should…
- Search People Google: Ways to Search for People via Google
- The Tinder Dating Site: How The Tinder Dating Site Works
- Facebook Marketplace Tab: Facebook Buying And Selling | Facebook Online Store
- Loans for People with Bad Credit: How to Get a Bad…