Delete Facebook Account – A number of reasons can prompt a user to delete Facebook account. It may be that a user, has had enough of the social network, and is tired of the constant bombardment of updates, messages, likes, pokes, advertisements.
With the constant hacking of accounts, a Facebook user may want to delete his/her old Facebook account if the account has been compromised, or if the Facebook account constantly reminds the user of any past they are trying to forget.
If you want to delete your Facebook account for whatever reason, read on to know just how you can do just that.
How to Delete Facebook Account
Here are a few things to note, before you delete that Facebook account.
Delete Facebook Account Tips
- Your sent messages, will continue to exist, even when all other evidences of your account are gone.
- Deleting your Facebook account, is a major decision/step you’ll be taking
- You are advised to think it thru before you go ahead to delete that account.
- Facebook requires 90 days, to process account deletion requests, and this gives you enough time to decide if you Still want to go ahead and delete your account.
- Immediately you delete, your Facebook account, you can’t get it back
- You are advised, to download a copy of the data that Facebook has on you, before you delete that account, as this data can’t be gotten again, once your account is deleted.
Do the following, to download a copy of the data Facebook has on you
- Click on the downwards-pointing arrow, at the top-right corner of the screen
- Select the “Download”, a copy of your Facebook data option.
Once you take the afore mentioned steps, you are now ready to delete your Facebook account.
How to Permanently Delete Facebook Account
- Begin, by navigating to the Facebook’s Delete Account Page, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account, tap “Enter”,
If you are not automatically logged in. Enter the email address or phone number and password for your account, and tap on the “Log in” button which is the blue button at the middle of the page.
- Select, “Delete My Account”, option which is below the warning massage of the page. Once you tap on it, a pop-up window appears
- Enter your password again, in the password field provided at the top of the window.
- Enter the captcha code, which is the jumble of letters and numbers in the middle of the window, and enter your answer into the field below the code
If you can’t read the code, you can tap either the “Try another text” or the “an audio captcha” link below the code, which will prompt the generation of a new code.
- Click on the “OK”, tab to submit your code. Once you key in the correct code, another pop-up window will be displayed
- If you entered an incorrect password, or captcha code, you’ll be prompted to try again
- Click on the “OK” button, to have your account deleted. This, is situated at the bottom of the pop up window.
- To totally delete your account from Facebook, can take upwards to 14 days. Immediately this time frame elapses, your account will be gone from Facebook.