Do you want to delete Facebook account on app? If you want to, then I have got great news for you. The process and steps involved in successfully and permanently deleting one’s account on Facebook is simple and straightforward.
Anyone can delete their accounts but only if they know how to and this is what this post is all about. If you, therefore, do not know how to delete your account on Facebook, then this post and its context is a must-read for you.
Delete Facebook Account on App
Many users and non-users on the Facebook social media platform have mistaken deactivating an account on Facebook to deleting it. Deactivating a Facebook account and deleting it are two different things. Unfortunately, many people do not know about this.
When you delete your account on Facebook, the activities that take place after are different from when you deactivate it. And in this post, everything will be shared with you. To take us further in this post, let me educate you on the difference between the both of them.
Deleting Your Facebook Account and Deactivating Your Facebook Account
The major difference between these two terms on Facebook is that one is permanent while one is temporary. One of these terms is reversible while the other one is not. It’s just that simple. If you still haven’t gotten the point here, here is what I mean.
When you delete your Facebook account, your account information and every other thing related to the said account will be lost forever. The changes and steps are permanent. Deactivation of your account on the other hand is a temporary fix and a lighter action compared to the other.
When you deactivate your account you can always come back to it whenever you feel like it. It’s just like taking a break, a vacation. And when you return you will still find everything the way you left it.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account on Mobile
You can always delete your account on Facebook whenever you feel like it. Whether on a desktop or a mobile device, the steps are similar, and in a bit, I will be guiding you through the steps of successfully and permanently deleting your account. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon in the top right.
- Tap Settings and privacy and then tap settings again.
- Go to your Facebook information section and tap account ownership and control.
- Next, tap deletion and deactivation.
- On the next page, tap delete account and again tap continue to account deletion.
- Tap delete account and enter your password if prompted.
- Tap continue and lastly tap delete account.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon.
- Tap Settings and privacy.
- Tao settings and go to your Facebook information section.
- Select the account ownership and control button.
- Tap the deactivation and deletion button and select delete account.
- Next tap continue to account deletion and tap delete account.
- Enter your password and tap the continue option.
- Lastly, tap delete account.
That’s it. Your Facebook account will be deleted permanently in thirty days’ time.