Once again the #deletefacebook is trending on the internet. What could be the result of this one may ask? Well, just recently Facebook was accused of leaking confidential information of millions of its users. This however led to a #deletefacebook on most internet platforms all over the world.
This is not the first time Facebook has been accused of leaking user’s data and information. The platform has been accused on numerous occasions of not protecting its users enough. And with the latter being said, users, at least most of them have had just about enough of it already.
Social media networks like Facebook have been said to profit from polarization, that is they validate and exploit user’s biases. Social media platforms like this one further have been said to be divisive and exploitative. According to Shoshana Zuboff, social media is a marketplace that trades exclusively in human futures. Is this true?
Well, this may be true to some point. I remember a time where it seems that the platform knows me personally. I bet you don’t understand what I mean. Well, I was being fed with exactly what I wanted via ads on the platform. I was curious at the time. Does this mean that Facebook and other social media platforms were spying on me?
If they were spying on me then it meant total sense. This was because they had access to information only I could have had access to. I was propelled to delete my account on the platform immediately. And with the latest news regarding the mass leakage of user data and information. I think you should delete your account on the platform now before any real damage could be carried out.
What Happens When You Delete Your Account on Facebook
Do not be coyed, deactivating and deleting your account on Facebook are two different things. When you deactivate our account on the platform, your information and other things you added will still be there and can be accessed whenever you want to. But on the other hand, when you delete your account, your information and every other thing you added to the platform will be erased forever.
Facebook will try to make you deactivate your account on the platform instead of deleting it. do not fall for this as deactivating it will only put all activities on hold for a specific period of time regarding when you return to the platform. In this post, however, I will be directing you on how to delete your account successfully.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account
To delete your Facebook account is easy. All you have to do is to follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- On your Facebook account page, click the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Select settings and privacy and then click on the Settings option.
- Click on your Facebook information option in the left column and select delete your account and information.
- Next, click delete my account and enter your password.
- Lastly, click continue and click the delete account option.
That’s it! Your Facebook account will be deleted permanently in a period of thirty days’ time.
More Related Contents
- Delete Your Facebook Account Now: Delete Facebook Account | Delete Facebook
- Delete Your Facebook Account: Delete Facebook Account | Delete Facebook
- How to Delete a Facebook Account On iPhone: Delete Facebook | Delete Facebook Account
- Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently: Delete Facebook | Delete Facebook Account
- How to Delete Facebook Account 2021: How to Delete Facebook Account | Delete Facebook…