If you are curious about the cost of an engine coil, you are reading the right article. What is an Engine coil? How much does it cost? How much does it cost to replace a bad engine coil? All these questions would be answered in this article. So, kindly read through to the end.
The engine coil is also called the spark coil or the ignition coil. In this article, these three terms would be used interchangeably. So, do not get confused as you read on.
Engine Coil Cost
The engine coil of a car is part of the engine that transmits and amplifies the current produced by the battery into thousands of volts. After this, the voltage is used to create a spark in the spark plugs of the coil.
With this, the electric spark created in the spark plug kindles the fuel or gas in the car. This is what causes the car to kick off when the engine is turned on.
With this knowledge, you should know that the Spark coil is a very important component that enables your car to start. When you notice the symptom of a bad coil, you are advised to change it as soon as possible. Well, we will be showing you how much the coil cost and how to get a new one.
How Much Does the Engine Coil Cost? – Ignition Coil Cost
The cost of a new engine coil depends largely on the make and model of your car. However, you can get a quality product for this part for an average of $100. To get this coil, you can visit an auto shop near you or order one online.
You can buy an Engine coil online by visiting the Amazon official web page. To learn more, keep on reading.
How to Buy Engine Coil on Amazon.com
On Amazon, you could get a free shipping offer. The customer service on Amazon is also amazing. The guide below would help you purchase an Engine coil on Amazon.com.
- Switch on your browsing device and connect it to high-speed internet.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Enter the URL- amazon.com to visit the Amazon official web page.
- On the opened page, click on the search bar.
- Enter the phrase “Engine coil” into the search field.
- Click on the hand lens icon close to the search bar.
- Various options of coil would be displayed on your screen, go through them.
- Click on the spark coil you want to buy.
- Choose the quantity you want.
- Click on “Buy now”.
- Sign in with your “Email” or “Mobile number”. Or
- Create an Amazon account if you don’t have one.
With this, some instructions would be displayed on your screen. Follow them to complete the purchase.
Engine Coil Misfire
When your car responds with a coughing sound when you try starting it, the coil may be bad. This is known as engine misfiring. Also, unusual vibrations of the car when is engine is left to run is a sign that your engine coil needs to be replaced.
Other signs of a bad engine coil include; warning lights on the dashboard, increased consumption of fuel and loss of power in the car.
Engine Coil Replacement
Replacing the bad engine coil of your car is something that can be done at home. You can do this even if you do not have an experience of car repairs. However, there are some tools and materials you would be needing for this job. They include:
- Your vehicle’s owner’s guide.
- A marker for labelling.
- A wrench or ratchet.
- Your work clothes.
How to Replace Engine Coil
With the tools and materials above, you are ready to replace your bad engine coil. Follow the guide below to do so:
- Switch off the engine of your car.
- Open the bonnet of the car.
- Locate the car battery and locate the negative sign inscribed on the battery. This is the negative terminal.
- Use a wrench or ratchet to remove the bolt holding the wire on the negative terminal.
- Carefully remove the wire on the negative terminal.
- To make sure the wire does not come in contact with the negative terminal, tuck it in a corner.
- Be careful not to touch both terminals with your tools as this could lead to electrocution.
- Using your owner’s repair manual, locate the position of the ignition coil in the engine.
- If there is more than one cable running into the coil, label them. This would help you replace them appropriately.
- Squeeze the cable gently at the boot (the point of connection) and pull them out of the coil.
- Remove every other accessory on the coil.
- Unscrew the bolts holding the coil with a wrench or ratchet. Keep the bolts safe also.
- Remove the coil from the engine board.
- Replace the old coil with a new engine coil.
- Install the bolts in the same position you removed them.
- Insert the plugs into the side of the new coil.
- Place the coil cables in the order you replaced them.
- Connect the removed wire to the negative terminal of your battery.
You should be careful when carrying out these steps. This is because you would be dealing with electricity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you drive with bad engine oil?
You can even drive with a faulty ignition coil if you must, though you’ll notice the car running poorly. Left unchecked, an ignition coil problem can cause damage to other parts of the car, especially the catalytic converter, which leads to larger problems if not dealt with.
How do I know if my Car Coil is Bad?
- Loss of power.
- Check the engine light on.
- Poor fuel economy.
- Misfiring engine.
- Hard starts and stalling.
- Spluttering and coughing sounds.
- Jerking and vibrating.
Can the Engine Coil be Replaced?
While coils can be required, refurbished, and replaced, this must be compared to the cost of providing a new unit.
What kills Ignition Coils?
what Kills ignition is location; being mounted in one of the hottest, most vibration-prone, and dirtiest parts of the engine.
Also, Check Out:
- My BMW USA – My BMW ID Login
- Truck Driver Jobs In USA With Visa Sponsorship – APPLY NOW!
- www.myfordbebefits.com -Myfordbenefits Employee Insurance Benefits