Creating a Facebook account, enables you update your status, share links and photos, write private messages, catch up on old friends, comment on friends updates, ‘Like’ pages and comments and stay updated on what’s trending and other events around the globe.
As the number 1 social media platform, Facebook over the years has garnered billions of users all over the globe, thus making it a platform where business as well leisure interactions can be smoothly carried out.
Benefits of Creating a Facebook Account
Facebook, has become the most popular social platform, thus offering the following benefits;
- Helps you stay updated on current events
- Connects you to friends and family
- Keeps you updated on what’s happening in your circle of friends
- Get notifications on trending issues
- You can share likes, post status updates, comment, poke, and send messages on the Facebook platform
- Facebook integrates smoothly with any device.
How to Create a new Facebook account on Mobile
- Click on the “Sign Up for Facebook” button on your mobile device
- Click the three horizontal line box, located at the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen
- Scroll down to, and tap the “Log out” button at the bottom of the menu
- Click on the “Sign up for Facebook” link at the bottom of the screen
- Next, click on the “Get Started”, blue button in the middle of the window that pops up
- Key in your email address, by tapping the “Enter your email address” text field, then key in the email address you want to use
- Click on the “Continue” tab that is beneath the email address text field
- Fill out your First and Last name, by clicking the “First name” field. Once you click on this field, key in your first name, then tap the “Last name” field and key in your last name.
- Click on the “Continue” link
Next, you will be required to create your password, by tapping the “Password” text field. Then type in the password you desire to use.
Create a new Facebook account
- Click on the “Continue” link to proceed further.
- What you are required to do next, is to set your birthday, by choosing a month, day, and year for your birthday
- Click on the “Continue” button
- Pick a gender, by tapping either on “Female” or “Male”. Once this is done, you are at the last step in creating your profile, after you choose a gender, your profile will be created.
- You may be sent a prompt for a verification code. If the code is sent to you, you are to open the email address that you used to create your Facebook account, search for the code in the subject line of the email from Facebook, then, key in the code on the Facebook prompt.
How to Create a new account on Desktop
- On Desktop, click open Facebook, and scroll to the “Enter your first and last name” field.
- Click on the v icon, (this is the small triangle in the far-right side of the dark-blue bar which is situated at the top of the Facebook page). A drop-down menu, will pop up.
- Next, click on the “Log Out” option which is situated at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Once you do this, you be will logged out of your Facebook account.
- Fill out your first and last name, by typing your first name into the “First name” text field in the “Sign Up” section of the page, and thereafter, type your last name into the “Last name” field.
- The next step, requires you to add your working email address to which you currently have access into the “Mobile number or email” field, then add the address to the “Re-enter email” field that pops up below it.
- Key in a password, by typing the password you desire to use into the “New password” text field
More On Facebook Account
Then, set your birthday, by tapping the month drop-down box and choosing the month of your birth, then repeat this step for the day and year drop-down boxes.
- Pick a gender, by checking the “Male” or “Female” box near the bottom of the “Sign Up” section
- Click on the green button “Create Account” which is located at the bottom of the “Sign Up” section. With this, your Facebook account will be created although you still need to verify your email address. To do this,
Then, open the email from Facebook, by tapping the “Welcome to Facebook” email from Facebook in your inbox
- Click on the “Get Started” dark-blue button at the bottom of the email. After, you’ve done this, your email address will be verified and a new tab for Facebook will be opened.
Welcome to Facebook!!!