Before I begin I will like you to know that this content I kind of a technical one. But I will try my best possible in making this very topic the Facebook account kit as easy as possible. Well if you are a web developer or apps developer you should not be having any form of issues, understanding it. But if you are not used to this you will be having problems understanding I must warn. But as I have said I will try to make it as easy as I can.
Facebook Account Kit
The Facebook account kit is mainly meant for developers on the platform. This very account kit helps users of an app to easily and conveniently register and login to your app via their email addresses and mobile phone numbers. This is a form of password less details or credentials. This platform is a very reliable and efficient one that you will find very interesting. Do you want to know why? Well, here it is. Since it makes use of phone numbers and email verification processes you do not need a Facebook account to make use of it.
Benefits of the Facebook Account Kit
The Facebook account kit is a product of Facebook of course. If you did not know of this, now you do. Now, this Facebook tool has some great benefits it provides to its users. But the thing here is that not all users know about this. Some users of this very fine tool do not even know about it; therefore have no knowledge of making use of the Facebook account kit.
The Facebook account kit saves users a lot of time and stress. This very Facebook tool lets users quickly register and also log in to apps using just their emails and mobile phone numbers. With this, the user of an app has been given a choice on how he or she wants to use an app in terms of signing up. It is a reliable form of logging in to an app. also it is easy to use as you do not need to try to remember any password before logging in.
How Does Facebook Account Kit Works
Now you know what the Facebook account kit is, don’t you think that it will be wise for you to know how it works? This tool is basically meant for the mobile world. How? I will explain when a person or user registers and logs in to an app with their email address, the account kit then sends a one-time link to the person’s email address.
When a person on the other hand logs in with their phone number a confirmation code will be sent to that number for verification. You should know that the account signing up and logging in processes involving the account kit are combined.
Now if you are a proud owner of an app, here is what you should know about this tool and how it works. This platform creates a database for your app. this data can be accessed anytime through a REST API. When people start making use of your app, which is logging in to your app, this database gets flooded with mobile phone numbers, email addresses, and account IDs
Facebook Account Log In Flows
this is what you should know as an app developer. Now this platform has two different types of login flows and it is totally depending on the means through which users signed up and logged in to the app. these flows can either be via phone number verification or via email verification. Phone number verification is by SMS notification or phone call. Below are the steps on how this done to successfully access or log in to your app.
Phone Number Verification;
- You will need to call the kit API with a specific phone number for login or registration.
- Choose your means of verification.
- An SDK will verify your confirmation code.
- Now if your app has enabled client access token flow your app will then receive a token for access containing your account ID in response to a successful login. If your app has not enabled the client token flow you will receive a code instead that the application server will use to request an access token securely.
Email Verification Flow
The process is similar to that of the phone number verification process. Below are the steps required?
- Call the account kit API with an email address with which you want to use to register and log in.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address.
- If you have enabled client access token flow. You will receive an access token with an account ID in response to a successful login. Should in case your app does not have this client access token flow. Your app will immediately receive an authentication code that will be used to securely request an access token.
Another means of verification is through the instant verification means. Here if you already have a Facebook account containing the number you entered. The number will be verified directly without having to enter an SMS or WhatsApp code.
More Related Posts
- Facebook Account – Facebook Account Login | Facebook Account Settings and Recovery
- Facebook Poll: How to Create a Facebook Poll – Create a Facebook Poll on an Event Page
- Delete Facebook How To – How to Delete Facebook | Facebook Account Delete
- Delete Facebook App – How do I Delete Facebook App | Delete Facebook App on Android