What is Facebook delete and deactivate account? if you are looking for a means to take a break from the Facebook social media platform then this article is a must-read for you. Facebook known as one of the best social media platforms of its generation can be overwhelming at times. And when not managed well, it can become too much, if you know what I mean.
Facebook Delete and Deactivate Account
In the wake of the new lawsuit filed against Facebook due to a data breach, many users are looking forward to taking a break from the platform altogether but don’t know how to go about it. if you wish to take a break from Facebook, there are two options that will be available to you and they are;
- Deactivate Facebook account or
- Delete Facebook account.
The options above are the two methods available to users who feel like taking time away from the Facebook social media platform. Now the next question here you should ask is, are the two Facebook features the same thing? Deleting your Facebook account and deactivating it are two different things. And in the course of this post, I will be sharing them with you.
What Is the Difference between Deleting And Deactivating Ones’ Account On Facebook
When you delete your account on Facebook, your account and its information will be lost forever. They cannot be retrieved again. In other words, the action of deleting one’s account on Facebook is irreversible. And this option is for users who feel like calling it quits with the platform permanently.
On the other hand, if you feel like taking some time away and coming back on a later date, the account deactivation steps and process is what you need. When you deactivate your account on Facebook, you can always retrieve it when you want. Your account and its information will always be available to you whenever you need it. The process of account deactivation is therefore reversible.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account
To delete your Facebook account successfully, follow the steps below;
- Login to your account at facebook.com
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon and select the settings and privacy option.
- Next, click settings and click your Facebook information in the left column.
- Next, you will have to click delete your account and information.
- Click delete my account and enter your password if prompted.
- Click the continue tab and again click delete account and that’s it.
Your account will be deleted in thirty days’ time permanently.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
To deactivate your Facebook account successfully, follow the steps below;
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon and click settings and privacy.
- Click settings and select your Facebook information in the left column.
- Next, click your deactivation and deletion.
- Select deactivate account and click continue to account deactivation and follow the on-screen instructions.
That’s it. Your account will be deactivated immediately. You can reactivate your account whenever you feel like it. All you have to do is to re-login to your account with your login details.