Do you know that Facebook has a desktop version that allows you to use the platform as on the mobile device? Facebook Desktop simply means using the Facebook website or Facebook desktop app on the desktop that you are using. Desktop Facebook is similar to the mobile phones version; the difference is that with the mobile phone you can easy navigation. You can use the desktop version of Facebook to sign up for an account or log in to your account if you have any. The desktop app is also free to download and use just like the mobile app.
Facebook is a social media platform that started off as a student discovery platform but later changed. Facebook is the most popular and biggest social networking media where users register for an account to communicate, connect and share with family, friends, and colleagues.
On the Facebook desktop version, you can share your images or video clips on your timeline with friends and also watch videos from friends and the pages you follow on your Newsfeed. You can join as many groups as you want and you can also create a group of your own and invite friends to join.
You can use the Facebook marketplace app for buying and selling locally on your desktop. You can use the games forum, where you can find fun and challenging games to play with a friend or alone. The platform is a user-friendly site that can be used and understood by less technical-minded people.
How can I upload a shortcut tab for Facebook App on my Desktop?
Setting up or uploading a shortcut tab for Facebook on your desktop is very simple and fast. With the shortcut, you can easily access your Facebook page with just a click. Follow the simple guides below to upload a shortcut;
- Open the Desktop and then right-click on an empty space. From the drop-down menu, click on “New” and then “Shortcut”.
- On the “Type the location for the item” box, type in Facebook.com and then click on “Next”.
- On the box that says “What would you like to name this shortcut”, fill in Facebook Shortcut and then click on finish.
How can I download Facebook on my Desktop?
You can install the Facebook app directly on your desktop easily. Follow the steps below get it:
- From your Desktop, click on the Start button.
- Click on the Windows Store tab.
- Type in Facebook on the search field.
- Click on the first result displayed and then select “Free” t install the app on your desktop.
The app would be installed on the desktop and you log in to your account or sign up for a new account.
Facebook Sign Up
If you do not have an account, you can simply create a new one from the app or the website. Creating a Facebook account is very simple, free, and fast. Follow the steps below;
- Use the browser on your device by typing in Facebook.com or click open the app.
- Type in your first name, surname.
- Select your birthday from the options.
- Type in your mobile number or email address.
- Choose your gender and create a new password for the account.
- Click on Sign up.
The profile would be created and you would be sent a confirmation. The confirmation could come as a mail or text. Verify the account and you would be directed to your Newsfeed.
Facebook Sign In
If you already have an account, you can simply log in to your account by following the steps below;
- Go to your Facebook and enter your login details.
- Mobile number or email address and password.
- Click on Log in.
The Facebook account would be loaded on the desktop.