Facebook Groups – Joining a Facebook group, links you up with, people of similar interest, to exchange files with others in your group, and also helps you network professionally and easily interact.
Groups is one of the many features on the Facebook social media platform. and trust me, without this feature, the platform would have been somewhat boring, lifeless. If you have an account on the Facebook social media platform then you would perfectly understand what I mean.
In this post, I will be telling you everything you need to know about groups on Facebook and how you can successfully join them. Facebook has different types of groups that you can join, to fully maximize your business or personal profile. There are various groups on Facebook and anyone as long as you have an account on the platform can join.
Types of Facebook Groups
There are various types of groups on Facebook and they are;
Closed Groups: Closed groups, help you interact with your customers, as well as gives you the opportunity, to keep your group’s visibility up, while it blocks users who are not meant to be in the group from snooping around.
Public Groups: Public groups, makes everything visible to all Facebook users, at any point
Secret Groups: Secret groups, do not show up in searches. This group, is good, for small businesses.
How to Join a Facebook Group on Mobile
To join a Facebook group, follow the steps below;
- Scroll to, and open Facebook. Facebook will then open to your News Feed if you are signed in already.
- Next, click the search bar, at the top of the screen, to display your device’s keyboard.
- Then fill in a group name or keyword. ( a word or phrase for which you are interested), then press “search”. Once this is done, it will search Facebook for accounts, pages, places, and groups that match your search.
- The next step is to tap on “Groups”, to display groups related to your search.
- Swipe the row of tabs, to display the groups.
- Thereafter, tap on “Join” next to a group, click on it, to get the “Requested” stamp to appear to the right of the group. Once you are accepted, into the group by an administrator, you will have access to post in the group.
- In case the group is public, and not closed, you will be able to see ( but not interact with) the group’s post and members.
That’s all. With the steps above you will be able to join a group on Facebook successfully.
How to Join a Facebook Group on Desktop
- Scroll to, and open Facebook.
- Head over to Facebook, this will open your Facebook News Feed, if you are logged in.
- Type email address (or phone number) and password, in the top right side of the page.
- Next tap on the search bar feature at the top of the Facebook page.
- Type in a group name or keyword, and type in the name of a group that you desire to join (or a related word or phrase). Then, tap the magnifying glass icon on the right side of the search bar.
- Then tap on the “Groups”, icon which is located at the upper right corner of the search results page. This will display any groups related to your search
- Lastly, tap on the “Join” icon next to a group, to see the “Join” icon to the right of a group’s name, tap on it to send a request to the group’s moderator (s).
- For a public group, which is not a closed group, you will have access to view it (but unable to interact with) the group’s posts and members.
There are so many benefits attached to joining a Facebook group, as it is a great source of professional connections and networking opportunities.