Facebook recover old account. To recover your old Facebook accounts which you probably abandoned. Maybe due to some issues you could not handle.
Many issues make users leave an old account and open a new account. But recovering a new account should not be a problem, if you forgot your password it can be reset. Also, if the phone number that links the account is missing it can be recovered via email. By all means, you can still recover your old account on Facebook.
Facebook Recover Old Account
No matter the reasons why you left an old account it can be recovered like I mentioned before. If you forgot the password to your Facebook account, you can request to change your password via email or text message. If you do not have access to the email or mobile phone number associated with the account you want to recover, you can request to recover your Facebook account with a photo ID.
You will need an image of a photo ID scanned onto your computer and a new email address not associated with a current Facebook account. It’s an easy task to recover back your Facebook old account.
Steps to Facebook Recover Old Account
Follow the steps below to recover your old Facebook account
Using an Email or Phone Number
You can use your email address or phone number to recover your account, use these steps below;
- Go to https://www.facebook.com in a web browser. Use any web browser on a PC or Mac to go to Facebook’s main official website.
If you are logged into a different or new account, click on ‘Forgot account’ like in the center and click “Log Out” at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Click Forgot account?. It’s the link below the text field where you would normally enter your password to sign in, located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Type an account identifier and click Search. Type an email address or phone number in the text field labeled “Email or Phone” to search for your account. This will display a list of Facebook accounts that match your search results.
You can also type your full name or username instead if you don’t know the email address or phone number you used to create your account.
- Click This Is My Account next to your old account. This button appears next to each account that is listed when you search for your old Facebook account. Click the button next to the profile for your old account.
If you don’t see your old account listed, try searching with other terms.
- Select how you want to reset your password and click Continue. You can select to reset your password via email or text message.
- If you don’t have access to the email address or phone number associated with the account you are trying to recover, you can try to recover your account with a photo ID instead.
- Check your email or text messages. Facebook will send you a 6-digit code that you can use to reset your password to the email or phone number associated with the account.
- Key in the 6-digit recover code and click Continue. The 6-digit recovery code is sent to you from Facebook to your email or mobile phone via text message.
- Enter a new password and click Continue. The new password must be at least 6-digits long. This signs you into your old Facebook account.
For security purposes, it’s recommended that you create a password that has letters, numbers, and special characters.
More Related Posts