FaceTime for Group calls. FaceTime is an Apple’s built-in video and voice-calling app. If you have an iPhone or MacBook, then you have probably used FaceTime. FaceTime has always been useful for keeping in touch, it’s become even more important for staying connected with friends and family in this times and seasons.
However, for that group call FaceTime is recommendable for your video-chatting especially when you do not want to download any other app for your group video call. In as much as you and your friends have Apple devices. According to Apple, Note that, you cannot install it on a Windows or Android device. Also, its not available But you can enjoy the app from different devices if a friend is using MacBook and others are using iPhones. Read on to know more on how to use FaceTime for group calls.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> FaceTime for Android – FaceTime for Android App | Setup FaceTime App
FaceTime For Group Calls
FaceTime for group calls can be so fun for Apple users. However, to use FaceTime, users will need to be running iOS 12.1.4 or later on an iPhone 6S or more recent model or an iPod touch (seventh generation). If you’re using an iPad, it should be an iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad (fifth generation), iPad mini 4. or a more recent model of any of those devices, running iPadOS.
All that being said, if you have not tried FaceTime, but want to use it, here are some steps to get started and join group FaceTime calls on your Mac and iPhone.
How To Use FaceTime On Your Mac
You can also make FaceTime audio and video calls from your Mac, as long as you’re running macOS Mojave 10.14.3 or later. You’ll also need to be logged in using your Apple ID:
- First, Open your FaceTime app.
- Next, Type the names, phone numbers, or email addresses of the people you want to talk to into the search bar.
- Click the video or audio icon, depending on what kind of call you want to make.
- You’ll have to press the video or audio button in the bottom-left of the screen to start the call.
- This will send the notification to the people you want to talk to. They’ll have to click on that notification, which will take them to another screen, where they can press another button to join.
- If the people you’ve contacted aren’t responding, you can give them a nudge. Click on the button showing a window with a sidebar in the bottom-left corner. This will show you who has been invited to be a part of the call. Press “Ring” to automatically open up the call screen on their phone. They can join the call from there.
Use these steps above to make your group calls with your mac.
Also, you can start a group FaceTime call from the Messages app on your Mac:
- Open a conversation or group chat
- Click on “Details”
- Then click the video icon to start a video call or the audio icon to start an audio call.
Before you can successfully start a group FaceTime call on your mac you will have to add the person to the group.
Use the steps below:
- Use the Click button that looks like a window with a sidebar in the lower-left corner of the screen to open the sidebar
- Next, Click the “Add Person” button
- Type in the name, number, or email of the person you want to add
- Click “Add”
To join a FaceTime call on your Mac, you can either click on the pop-up notification (assuming you got one) or open FaceTime. When you open up FaceTime, you should see a list of recent and active calls. If a call is active, it will have a green video button next to it. To join, click on that icon and then click the video button at the bottom-left of the screen.
How To Use FaceTime On your iPhone
You can either use the FaceTime app to start a group call or, if you’re already talking to a group using Messages, you can start a group.
Using the FaceTime App
- Open the app.
- Click the + icon (without a circle around it) in the top-right corner.
- Type in the names or numbers of the people you’d like to talk to. If they’re in your contact list, their names will come up as you type, and you can click on each name to add them to the call.
- You can also click on the circle with a + inside it to open up your contacts list and select people there. Tap their name to open up the contact then tap their number to add them.
- Tap the green video button to start a video call or the audio button to start an audio call.
Use the above steps to make a group call using FaceTime app on your iPhone.
Using the Messages App
To join group calls on FaceTime use the steps below:
- Open the app.
- Then open up an existing group chat or conversation in the Messages app.
- Tap on the icons for your contacts at the top of the screen (these will be bubbles with either your contacts’ profile photos, initials, or an icon with a figure’s head and shoulders).
- Click on the FaceTime icon to start the call.
From the steps above you can use the massages app to join your group call on FaceTime.
To add someone to a FaceTime call using the massages app use the following steps:
- Tap the screen.
- Swipe up to pull up the menu.
- Tap “Add Person”
- Then tap + to add someone from your contacts, or type in their name or phone number into the bar at the top and select a contact from the results.
- Tap “Add Person to FaceTime”
With these steps you can add your friends on your massages app.
How To Join a Group FaceTime Call
There are different ways to join a group FaceTime call
- First, Tap the notification (if you received one), then tap the video button that appears at the bottom of the screen
- Open up the group chat or conversation in the Messages app. The FaceTime call will come up in a bubble, similar to a message. Click the “Join” button in that bubble.
- Then open up the FaceTime app. You will see a list of all of your recent and active calls. Any calls you can join will be highlighted in green with a green video button next to it.
- To join the call, click that button, and then click the video button at the bottom of the screen labeled “Join.”
- For you to leave the group FaceTime call, tap the screen and then click the red “X” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Use these steps to join a group FaceTime call in your Apple devices.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> FaceTime Call – Setup FaceTime Call on iPhone | iPhone FaceTime Call