Geico is the nation’s second-largest auto insurance company, known primarily for low rates offers to consumers both online and over the phone. Geico insurance is available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. If you’re looking for an affordable car insurance policy and you’re comfortable managing your own accounts online when an agent isn’t nearby, Geico might be right for you.
The scoring formula takes into account a number of details including pricing, discounts, and ease of filing a claim. Other factors analyzed include website transparency, financial strength, and complaint data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
In addition to typical car insurance coverage choices, Geico offers:
Mechanical Breakdown Coverage
This covers repairs to all mechanical parts of a new car, less than 15 months old and with less than 15,000 miles, except problems caused by wear and tear. There’s a $250 deductible. Mechanical breakdown coverage is renewable for up to seven years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, and does not pay for regular maintenance such as tune-ups.
If you drive for a rideshare company such as Uber or Lyft, or a delivery service like Instacart or GrubHub, this option allows you to have one policy that covers both personal and ridesharing use. You can replace your existing auto policy with this hybrid insurance on the ridesharing vehicle only. Geico’s ridesharing insurance is available in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Geico’s Auto Insurance Discounts
Geico has a long list of car insurance discounts, so there’s a good chance you can find a price break that applies to you. Although details vary by state, you may be eligible for discounts for:
- Using seat belts.
- Having safety equipment like airbags, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights or an anti-theft system.
- Owning a brand new vehicle that is three model years old or newer.
- Driving for five years with no accidents.
- Completing a defensive driving course, or driver’s education for a young driver.
- Having good grades, if you or someone on your policy is a full-time student 16 to 24 years old.
- Participating in an emergency deployment with the U.S. military.
- Being an active or retired military service member or a member of the National Guard or Reserves.
- Being an active or retired federal employee.
- Insuring more than one vehicle with Geico.
- Buying a homeowners, renters, condo, or mobile home policy through Geico.
- Being a member of organizations such as alumni associations or sports groups.
For insures living in Connecticut, Illinois, Oregon, Pennsylvania, or Wisconsin, Geico also may offer you a discount for tracking your driving through your phone. The DriveEasy app measures habits like speeding, hard braking, and using your phone while driving. For the price break to apply, all the drivers listed on your policy must participate.
Geico Complaints and Customer Satisfaction
Geico had a fewer-than-expected amount of complaints to state regulators relative to its size for auto insurance, according to three years’ worth of data from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
In a 2020 J.D. Power study of customer satisfaction for auto insurance shopping, Geico rated as the top large insurer but rated below average for auto insurance claims satisfaction.
More About Geico
You can learn about and get a quote for almost any type of insurance through Geico’s website, and submit a claim or make a payment. The site also has a feature to help you find the nearest cheap gas station.
Geico’s mobile app helps you keep track of your policy and billing details, access your digital auto insurance ID card, pay bills and submit claims. You can also use the app to chat by text with an agent, request roadside assistance, find parking, and track your car’s maintenance history.
Geico’s virtual assistant Kate is a feature of its existing app for iOS and Android users. The app can answer your insurance questions and provide specific policy information. Your Geico account is also accessible through Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant.
Homeowners and Renters Insurance from Geico
Geico offers home insurance through partner companies. Geico also offers renters insurance through its partners.
Other Insurance from Geico
The Geico insurance operates other insurance policies including:
- Motorcycle insurance.
- Insurance for all-terrain vehicles.
- Recreational vehicle insurance.
- Boat or personal watercraft insurance.
- Collector insurance for classic cars.
- Commercial auto insurance.
- Umbrella insurance
These are other insurance offers from the Geico insurance company. It has maintained its strength over the years since its inception in 1939. For further information get to Geico’s website www.geico.com.
More Related Posts
- Big Auto Insurance Companies – Some Big Auto Insurance Companies | Insurance
- Insurance Marketplace – Affordable Health Insurance | Insurance Marketplace Sign Up
- Health Insurance Marketplace – Health Insurance Marketplace 2021 | Health Insurance
- Marketplace Health: Health Insurance Marketplace Sign Up And Login
- Farmers Insurance: Insurance Quotes for Home, Auto, And Life
- Progressive Insurance: Progressive Auto Insurance Discount And Services
- Travel Insurance: Travel Insurance Definition And Terms Explained
- Insurance Broker: Whos Is An Insurance Broker | Types of Insurance Brokers