What do you understand by the topic or header which is Gmail com? This very one can be confusing mostly to non-internet users or first-time users of the internet. Well not to waste much of your time, the “Gmail com” simply means gmail.com. And gmail.com in the simplest of terms is the URL through which users can get access to the Gmail platform.
With the above, one can now clearly say that it all boils down to Gmail. The real question here is now what is Gmail? Do you know? If you do not know what Gmail is you have nothing to worry about? In this article, I will be listing out everything you need to know about the term Gmail.
What Is Gmail
Gmail is an emailing service that is developed by Google. The service was first launched by Google on April 1st, 2004. Then it was in its testing phase. The testing phase of the service was concluded on July 7th, 2009. Gmail is not the first email service provider but it is indeed the best. It has been a miracle since it was launched. During its launch, it had an initial one gigabyte of storage capacity available to its user which was at that time significantly higher than what its competitors were giving to its users. I think with this move the platform became prominent among email users.
The service now provides its users with 15 gigabytes of storage. Users making use of the service can now send emails totaling 25 megabytes in size and can receive emails up to 50 megabytes in size. Users can send larger files using this service. But in order to do this, they have to insert files via the Google drive platform. Furthermore, users can buy additional storage space on this service. There are paid plans on the platform for up to 30 terabytes per person. For users to enjoy this feature they have to subscribe monthly.
How to Sign Up For a Gmail Account
Now that you know what the Gmail platform and service is all about, what do you think? If you haven’t made use of the platform before it is high time you make use of it. To sign up for a Gmail account, follow the steps below;
- Go to the official Gmail page online at gmail.com.
- Click on the create account tab.
- Choose the type of account you want to create, business or personal.
- For personal fill in the necessary information in the right boxes and click on next.
- Enter your mobile number on the next page.
You will be sent a code to verify your account. Once this is done your account will be ready for use.
More Related Posts
- How to Step Up Two-Factor Verification on Your Gmail – All You Should Know
- Google Blog – Create a Google Blog Free | Install Blogger Template
- YouTube Login – YouTube Login Account | Login YouTube
- YouTube Upload – Upload A Video To YouTube | YouTube Upload Video
- Best Netflix Movies: Top Ten Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now