Google Advertising is designed by Google for small business owners, to improve their marketing strategy. With Google Advertising, you can show an ad for your business to those who are searching for your type of business at that moment, as well as those who are looking for businesses in your area.
How Google Advertising Works
Once a consumer searches for a term or phrase, Google shows the consumer relevant ads, depending on the keywords that is keyed in for the search.
Websites who desire to show their ads on the result page, bid on keywords which they think people will use when looking for their type of business. Also, Google takes into consideration the relevance and quality of your ad and website, and determines when it shows up.
Google Advertising Costs
Signing up for Google Advertising is free, and requires no fee from you if there is no visit. You only get to pay for Google Advertising, when someone clicks on your ad, to visit your website, or you received calls. This implies that you only pay when your advertising is working.
Google Advertising Benefits
- Enables you set the geographical location that you want your ad to show
- The only time Google requires a payment from you, is when your advertising works. Google uses a pay-per-click advertising model, which only requires you to pay only if someone is searching for the keyword you have bid on, and finds your ad interesting enough, to click on it.
- Using the Adwords dashboard, you can track how many people see your ad, how many click on your ad, as well as how many take an action once on your website.
How to Set Up Google Advertising
- Start, by setting your daily budget, let’s say from $10 per day, although you can increase or decrease this amount immediately you have a better idea, of what you will have to bid per keyword.
- With Google, you have the access to decide what geographical location you want your ads to show in. This is important for any local business, as it ensures that your ad only shows when people search for the keyword you are bidding on, and are within a specified distance from your business. With this, you can save money and increase your conversion rate.
- You can choose between showing your ads exclusively on Google‘s search results page (search network), or also including Google content sites (display network).
- You are to choose your Keywords you want to trigger your ad, when setting up your Adwords account
- Next, set your bid, which is the amount you are willing to pay for a click on your ad. You can use Google‘s keyword planner to find out how much you will need to bid.
- Finally, write your ad, using two headlines and a description. You are to use limited number characters, to make your ad concise and straight to the point.
Google Advertising, is a great marketing strategy, that local businesses can leverage on, to take their businesses to their next desired level.