Google Advertising is designed by Google for small business owners, to improve their marketing strategy. With Google Advertising, you can show an ad for your business to those who are searching for your type of business at that moment, as well as those who are looking for businesses in your area.
Advertising is a very vital aspect of businesses today. If you are a small or large business owner, you will need to indulge your business in advertising if you ever wish to take your business to the next level. Many brands and businesses are already advertising their products and services and are also seeing the benefits.
If you would love to get started with advertising your business on google but don’t know how to get started, this post will be of huge help to you. All you need to do is to read the content of this post and also adhere to every piece of information shared.
How Google Advertising Works
Once a consumer searches for a term or phrase, Google shows the consumer relevant ads, depending on the keywords that are keyed in for the search.
Websites that desire to show their ads on the result page, bid on keywords which they think people will use when looking for their type of business. Also, Google takes into consideration the relevance and quality of your ad and website, and determines when it shows up.
Google Advertising Costs
Signing up for Google Advertising is free, and requires no fee from you if there is no visit. You only get to pay for Google Advertising, when someone clicks on your ad, to visit your website, or you received calls. This implies that you only pay when your advertising is working.
Google Advertising Benefits
The benefits of advertising your business on google are as follows;
- Enables you set the geographical location that you want your ad to show
- The only time Google requires a payment from you is when your advertising works. Google uses a pay-per-click advertising model. This only requires you to pay only if someone is searching for the keyword you have bid on, and finds your ad interesting enough, to click on it.
- Using the Adwords dashboard, you can track how many people see your ad, how many clicks on your ad, as well as how many take an action once on your website.
These are just about some of the many benefits of advertising your business on google. You will have to start making use of it to learn of all the benefits of the platform.
How to Set Up Google Advertising
To get started on advertising on Google, follow the guide below;
- Start, by setting your daily budget, let’s say from $10 per day. Although you can increase or decrease this amount immediately you have a better idea, of what you will have to bid per keyword.
- With Google, you have the access to decide what geographical location you want your ads to show in. This is important for any local business, as it ensures that your ad only shows when people search for the keyword you are bidding on. And are within a specified distance from your business. With this, you can save money and increase your conversion rate.
- You can choose between showing your ads exclusively on Google‘s search results page (search network), or also including Google content sites (display network).
- You are to choose your keywords you want to trigger your ad when setting up your Adwords account
- Next, set your bid, which is the amount you are willing to pay for a click on your ad. You can use Google‘s keyword planner to find out how much you will need to bid.
- Finally, write your ad, using two headlines and a description. You are to use a limited number of characters, to make your ad concise and straight to the point.
Google Advertising, is a great marketing strategy, that local businesses can leverage, to take their businesses to their next desired level.