Google Blog is interesting and you can have so much fun from them. There is a reason it is called Google blog but most people just decide to call it blogger. The reason it is called Google blog is because it is owned by Google and as such you need a Google account to get started with it. Now Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows a Google account owner to create multiple blogs if you are looking for a way to get something on the internet, then this is one of the platform or service you should be looking at.
Using this service is free but you should know, using this service will create a subdomain of .blogspot.com. What I mean by this is that something like a new website will be created for you. It is usually recognized as a blog. This website will have the URL or web address of [your name].blogspot.com. Since you own this blog, you can publish anything on it and as time goes on you can earn from it. The way you can earn from it is b displaying adverts on it. This blog can be customized to your taste and make it look as you like.
Create a Google Blog Free
A Google blog or blogger is free to create. The steps below will guide you in successfully creating a new blogger account.
- Get a device connected to the internet and seek the URL www.blogger.com. You would have to sign in your Google account on the browser first.
- Now you will be asked to enter a display name. You will only be asked to do so if you have not created any blog with the Google account.
- Now tap on the dropdown arrow by the top left sidebar of the screen and click on “New blog…”.
- Enter a title for the blog and an address. The address is the URL other can use in accessing the blog and the title is the name the blog will be known as.
- Select a theme you would like to use for the blog and tap on “Create blog!”.
You would be redirected to the dashboard of the new bog you just created if you follow all the steps above correctly.
How to Install Blogger Template
Installing a blogger template can at time be difficult but trust me it is very simple. I believe you already know that you must first have downloaded the blogger template from another site.
- Login to your blogger dashboard and tap on the “theme” button or text from the left sidebar.
- Locate and hit the “Backup / Restore” button by the top right side of the page.
- Under the “upload a theme from a file on your hard drive section” tap on “Choose File”.
- Select the theme file folder and open or double click on the file that ends in .xml.
- Click on the upload button and wait till the theme has been uploaded successfully.
Once the theme has been uploaded successfully, you can tap on the view blog button to see the new look of your blog.