Google books were previously known as Google book search and service which came from Google Inc. that searches the full text of books and magazines that Google itself has scanned, converted to text with the help of optical character recognition and it is stored in its digital database. Now, this platform is provided by both authors and publishers and it is through the platform partners program or through the library projects by Google library partners.
The platform is an index of full textbooks and magazines which the platform has digitized. Through various Google programs, publishers, authors, and partnering libraries provide materials. The full text of books can be viewed in the public domain. While for materials that have been digitized, but still remain protected under copyright, previews or snippets are often provided by Google.
How to Connect Your Google Books Account
Sharing your reviews and your public bookshelves is not that difficult. All you need to do is link your Google profile to the platform. If you do not have a Google account, you will need to create one before you will be able to sign in to your Google account.
- Go to the Google books website using the URL https://books.google.com/?hl=en.
- Below the Google search bar, click on “my library”.
- On the left-hand side of the page, in the yellow box, click show my profile which is next to the data of my public book.
- You will find out that your profile is already connected. You can switch to any other account that you want to connect your Google books to.
If your Google account is not connected automatically, follow these steps below to connect your Google account.
- Visit the platform website at https://books.google.com/?hl=en.
- At the top right-hand corner of the page, click on the sign-in button.
- Choose an account that you wish to use or add an account if you have not.
- Enter the password for the account you chose and hit on the Next button.
- Your Google account is signed in already.
I am very sure those few steps I listed above will help you connect your Google account to the platform.
Google Book Search
Searching for a book on the platform is not that difficult but most users still find it very hard. Follow the steps below to search for a book.
- Go to https://books.google.com/.
- You can search for the title, author, ISBN, or keyword while you are already on the homepage of the platform.
- Enter a title.
- Below the title, click on “search inside”.
- A window will appear, at the top, click search in the box and type in your search.
Those are the few steps required when searching for a book.
Uploading your Google Books
Uploading your EPUB and PDF books or documents to the platform is very easy. By uploading them, you can store them online and use them from anywhere on any of your mobile devices. This process of uploading books is very similar to what Google lets you do with its play music app.
Steps to Upload your Books on Google Books
The process of uploading books to the platform is done with the platform’s official website. Your books can be uploaded from your Google drive account or from your computer. Here are a few handy steps provided for you in uploading your books.
To upload your books;
- First of all, go to the platform’s official page and select “My Books” then log in to your Google account if it is required from you.
- Choose Upload files to browse for the book that you wish to upload.
- If you want to upload from your computer, locate the upload tab. Or you can as well look under your Google drive to choose any e-book from your Google account.
- You can hit on select when you are done selecting
Those are the few steps required when uploading your E-books to the platform. If you have any problems, try starting all over again.
How to Download Google Play Books
Downloading the platform application is very simple and easy. If you are guided by the right source, with only just a few clicks, I am very sure that you will be done. Follow these steps below on how to download the platform application.
- Visit your Google play store or Appstore and search for Google play book using the search bar.
- Enter the application and hit on the install button.
- Immediately, you hit the button, Google play books will be downloaded to your device.
Those are the steps required in downloading Google play book into your device.
Google Books Downloader
Google books downloader as it is called is download manager which helps in downloading and storing any eBooks from Google through a stress-free process. It is very easy to use, all you have to do is access the website and then copy the link to the book. Paste the link you copied in the main window and choose the output format of your book. With this downloader, you have an enormous book collection within a little period of time.
How to Use Google Books
With Google play books, you can read as many books as you want and magazines as well. To use Google books, you will have to download them, cite them and translate them into readable languages. Publishers provide some books and others are scanned as part of the library project.
Google Play Books for PC
Google play books are available for PC. It does what android, iPhone, and iPad devices can do as well. With Google play books for PC, you can buy eBooks and read them. You do not buy and read with it, you can upload files, print books, and get viewing options. To get started, you will have to download the app for your PC and start enjoying what it provides.
Recommended for you