Google Drive File Stream. What does the Google Drive File Stream really does? First what it all about? Well it is a desktop application that allows you to quickly access all of your Google Drive files on demand, directly from your computer without losing precious drive space.
With this service, your files are stored on the cloud instead of your computer, and any changes you make are automatically synced with the cloud for quick, easy access anywhere you have an Internet connection.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Google Web Store – Chrome Web Store | Google Web Store Chrome
Google Drive File Stream
To get started with it will require be installed on your desktop. In a folder called Google Drive which will appear on the left in the file explorer or Finder. The folder contain your personal Google Drive and any team Drives that you belong to respectively. The only difference on the files and other files on your computer is that these files are not stored on your PC by default, and any changes you make on them will sync automatically with your cloud storage.
How To Install Google Drive File Stream
When you want to install and download this software into your devices use the steps below:
- Download Google Drive File Stream for Mac or Windows at https://support.google.com/drive/answwr/7329379.
- Next, log into your Google account.
- Run the installation package.
- Log into the portal with your UTM email address and password.
- Select Allow on the required permissions prompt.
With these steps you will successfully download and install these software.
To have the this platform in your step you need to know if the software works with your system. Here ae the few system requirements:
- Windows: Windows 7 and up. Windows Server editions are not supported.
- Mac: El Capitan (10.11) and up. For High Sierra (10.13), follow these steps by clicking on this link here https://support.google.com/drive/answer/7329379#macos.
When you have these above mentioned system you will enjoy using the software in your system.
When you will have a Drive File Stream as an icon on the desk top. Once you click on the icon, it will prompt you to login with your Google Account username and password. Once you have logged in, your Google Drive folder will appear on the left in Finder or File Explorer.
When you use personal computer, when app is installed, a folder called Google Drive will appear on the left in Finder or File Explorer. This folder will contain both your personal Google Drive and any Team Drives you are part of.
The only difference between these files and any other file on your computer is that these files are not stored on your computer by default, and any changes you make to them will sync automatically with your cloud storage.
For macOS devices if you notice any challenge, If you receive an error that says, Google Drive File Stream encountered a problem and has stopped,
- Go to System Preferences.
- Next, click on Security and Privacy.
- Then select Allow Google Drive Files Stream.
Feature For Google Drive File Stream
This service is built with amazing features such as follows :
- User will quickly see all their Google Drive files in Finder/Explorer (including Team Drives).
- You can Browse and organize Google Drive files without downloading all of them to your computer.
- Get to select which files or folders you will like to make available offline.
- Open files in common apps like Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop.
- The Google Drive File Stream has unlimited storage for users
This few features makes these software very unique and a secured platform for storage.