Google Drive Link Sharing. Using Google drive to share link makes it very easy to collaborate any project. Google drive is an amazing tool for a variety of collaborative projects as it allows its users to view, download, and edit files directly. It ensures everyone has the most up-to-date version of a file without having to download it onto your computer, edit it, then send around updated copies.
However, with Google Drive link sharing you can create and organize word documents, spreadsheets, and slideshows as well as upload photos and audio and video files. Continue to read on to know more on the Google drive link sharing.
Google Drive Link Sharing
Google Drive, you can share files with other people by sharing any file using a link or by sharing the file via the person’s email address or a mailing list. Here’s what you need to know about sharing files on Google Drive.
How To Share file In Google Drive via email address or mailing list
Sharing Google Drive link is easy using the email or mailing list options. Here are the steps to follow:
- Get to drive.google.com
- Check the box next to the file you will like to share
- Cluck on the ‘Share’ icon Or ‘More’ menu and choose “Share”
- Get a visible option like “Private”, “Anyone with the link”, or “Public on the Web”.
- Type the email address of the persons you will share file with in the text box. Or “Add people”, or a mailing list, or choose from your contacts.
- Select from the access level from the drop-down menu and pick from the options given
- Next, click on the Share & Save bottom.
Using these steps will enhance your sharing a link of google drive via email or mailing list.
How To Share a File on Google Drive From A Computer
- On your internet browser, go to Google Drive.
- Drag and drop the file directly into your Drive.
- Drag and drop files from your computer into your Drive.
- Once the upload is complete, open the file.
- Click the icon with three dots arranged vertically, then click “Share.”
- Open the file and click “Share” in the menu dropdown.
- Type in the names or groups you’d like to share the file with. Tap “Done” and the recipients will receive an email with a link directing them to the file. Enter recipient email addresses and hit “Done.”
Alternatively, you can get a link to share with your colleagues (to include in an email, text, or Chat, for example) in the “Get link” section.
Choose which option you want (Restricted, Anyone with the link) then click “Copy link.” For “Anyone with the link,” you can further specify if those that follow the link can view, comment, or edit the file. Choose your permissions, then click “Copy link.”
If you have multiple files to share, you can drop an entire folder into Google Drive or create a folder in Google Drive, drop the files into the folder, and share the entire folder by right clicking on it and clicking “Share.”
How To Share A File Created in Google Drive
To share a file that was created in Google drive platform is very simple just follow these steps below:
- Open a file in Google Docs on your web browser.
- Next, click “Share” at the top right of the screen. You’ll see a lock icon next to the word “Share”. This can also be done with Google Sheets, Google Slides. and other Google file-sharing apps.
- In an open document, click “Share” at the top right corner.
- Type in the names or groups you’d like to share the file with. Tap “Done” and the recipients will receive an email with a link directing them to the file.
- Alternatively, you can get a link to share with collaborators (to include in an email, text, or Chat, for example) in the “Get link” section. Choose which option you want (Restricted, Anyone with the link) then click “Copy link.” For “Anyone with the link,” you can further specify if those that follow the link can view, comment, or edit the file.
- After this is done, you’ve effectively changed the access permissions of the file.
The lock icon next to “Share” will change to an icon of a person with a link underneath.
How To Share Google Drive file using Mobile app
Users of google drive can also share link through using the mobile app. Here are the steps:
- Open the Google Drive app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the file or folder you want to share, then tap the “…” next to the file name.
- Tap the three dots to open sharing options.
- Tap “Share,” then type in the names of the people you want to share the file with as well as a message that will accompany the email with a link to the file.
- Type in recipient email addresses and add a message.
- Tap the pen icon to change permissions (Edit, Comment, and View).
- Select the pen icon to change editing permissions.
- When you’re finished, tap the airplane icon to send the invitations to collaborators.
With the steps above you will share your link using Google drive successfully via your mobile app.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Google Drive Sync – Google Drive Sync and Backup | Google Drive Sync Folder