Google Find My Phone is a mobile application and service rendered by Google to remotely track and locate Android device like Watches, Tablets and Phones. You can find your phone via the app or via your browser.
According to The Verge, Google app for Lost Android phones is now known as Find My Device. Losing your phone can be a huge problem, which is why both Apple and Google provide similar tools for tracking, finding, and even remotely erasing a lost phone. Google’s Find My Device works pretty much the same way for Android phones. Read on the article to know how to use it to locate your misplaced or lost Android.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Google One Drive – Login to Google One Drive | Google One Drive App
Google Find My Phone
Google find my device uses map to search and trace the exact location of your missing Android device. This app allows users to locate any android device linked with their Google account.
However, to track down a lost Android device, use Google’s Find My Device.
On the Find My Device app or website, you can see the phone’s location on a map, play a sound to locate it, or remotely erase the phone and reset it to factory conditions. In addition to seeing the phone on the map, you have three options:
- Select “Play Sound” to remotely command the phone to play a ringtone sound. If the phone is turned on and connected to the internet, it will play the sound regardless of the phone’s volume settings.
- Select “Secure Device” to prevent someone from accessing your phone’s data. You can also display a message or phone number on the lock screen to help retrieve the device.
- Select “Erase Device” if the phone has been lost or stolen and you don’t expect to get it back.
This will wipe the phone and reset it to factory conditions.
How to Use Google Find My Phone
You can find your Android device using the Find My Device website or via Google’s Find My Device. Download and installed it from the Google Play store on a different Android device that’s logged into the same Google account. Follow these steps to Use Google Find My Phone:
- Start the app or go to Google Find My Device in a web browser.
- If you have one device, Find My Device should immediately zero in on that device (or to its last known location when it was last powered on and connected to the internet). If you have multiple devices, you can select the one you’re looking for using the device icons at the top of the page.
- You can see your device’s last known location and make it play a sound to help locate it from Find My Device.
However, If you log into your Google account on a public computer or someone else’s PC to find your phone, remember to use a browser in private or incognito mode and log out when you are done.
Features of Google Find My Device
The Google Find My Device has unique built-in features that comes with this app. Below are the features of the App;
- Users can see their phone, watch and tablet on a map. If your current location is not available, you will see the last known location
- Play a sound place it at full volume, even if the device is on silent it will ring
- Erase the device or lock it. This can be done with custom message and contacts number on lock screen.
- Navigate your device with google Maps by clicking on the device location and then on that Maps icon
- Ensure that your network is fully connected and has a full battery
- Use the indoor maps to help you search for your device in airport, malls, or other large buildings
These are the few features of the Google Find My Device.
Device is Enabled On Android
Even if you don’t recall turning on Google’s Find My Device service, the good news is that it’s probably already on. Google turns it on by default when you connect your Android phone to a Google account, so it should already be running from when you first set up your phone. If you have access to your phone, here’s how to verify it’s enabled:
- Start the Settings app.
- Tap “Google.”
- On Google’s settings page, tap “Security.”
- Tap “Find My Device.”
- On the Find My Device page, make sure the feature is turned – the button should be swiped to the right.
Ensure that the Find My Device is enabled from the Settings app.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Google Drive Link Sharing – Google Drive Sharing a Link | Google Drive App