Google Listing is the business listing in the map, that is displayed at the top or at the middle of Google first page results. Its pops up when you look for a keyword accompanied by a specific city.
The Google local listings, are quite different from the organic results and sponsored pay per click listings. Google Listing only allows you register your business in the town or city, where you have a physical address.
Google Listing Advantages
- Its free, thus as a business owner, you can make the most from it
- You can attract the most possible visits to your site. As a local business, it is necessary to make sure your local exposure is maximized online.
- You can build online presence and authority. Once you have a good online authority, you have more business listings, more local reviews. Once all these are in place, you are better off with Google Maps, and have a higher chance in ranking in the top local pack for your main keywords and city locations.
How to Get Free Listing on Google
If you desire to add or claim your business on Google ;
- Scroll to Google My Business
- Tap on the “Get on Google” link
- Type in your Business Name and Address in the search box
- Choose or Add Your Business.
- Next, tap on your business listing if it appears among the suggested matches. In case it does not, choose “Add your Business”, and provide the required information
- Verify your business: Google, verifies your business, to ensure it is located where you say it is. Thus, you will be required to wait 1-2 weeks for a postcard with a verification PIN. After that, you’ll occasionally be given the option to receive your PIN by text message or automated phone call
- Confirm your business, and set up a Google+ Page, which is the first step in Local Search Optimization. This should be a high priority, for all businesses, who have the hopes of being found online.
How to Fix Google Listing
If you want to edit your business details on Google do the following;
- Log into Google My Business
- Ensure you are using card view
- Select the listing you’d to manage
- Next tap on “Info” from the menu
- Tap on the section, you desire to change, and thereafter, type in the new information in the box that pops up
- Then, lastly tap on the “Apply” link.
Google Listing, provides an avenue, where local businesses can be seen, and engaged with, helping them, build online presence and authority which can help their overall ranking and exposure on Google.