Google Meet App. This service is offered by Google, the service began as a video conferencing app. The service could accommodate up to 30 participants and describe as a friendly version of the Hangouts app.
Using Google Meet you are securely connected and safely create and join high-quality video meetings for groups. It was launched in a web, app iOS app, and Android app.
I know already about Google Meet nut there are still some that do not know about the app and its functions. Keep reading further to know more about this app.
Google Meet App
Google Meet was called Hangouts Meet. After being an invite-Only and being released quietly on the iOS app in February 2017, Google officially launched Meet in March 2017.
Meanwhile, Google Meet came with its unique features but deprecated some of the Hangouts App. Some standard ones like viewing of the attendee and chat simultaneously.
The number of attendees that use their microphone was prioritized, the number of video feeds allowed at the time was reduced to 8 and 4 feeds shown in a tiles layout.
By April 2020, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the app gain popularity, its use grew from 30 in January to April, with over 100 million users a day.
All accessing Meet app, compared to over 200 million daily uses of Zoom. But now with the new update meetings take up to 250 persons.
Features of Google Meet App
The following are the features of Google Meet such as:
- The app has two-way and multi-way audio and video calls with a higher resolution up to 720p
- It comes with a Noise-canceling audio filter
- An accompanying chat
- Low-light mode for video
- Call encryption between all users
- The app allows you to join meetings through a web browser or via your iOS and Android apps
- There is an integration with Google Calendar and Google contacts for one-click meeting calls.
- Screen-sharing to present documents, presentations, spreadsheets or other browsers tab if you are using the browser.
- You can call or host meetings using a dial-in number in the US
- As a host the app allows you to deny entry and remove users during a call.
- Above all the Google Meet uses proprietary protocols for video, audio and transcoding.
- Anyone can join a meeting on Meet through an invitation. Although some capabilities are available only to G Suite customers.
- Any user with a Google account can create meetings via Google Meet.
These and other features mentioned are what you will experience as you use the Google Meet app.
Check Out >>> Zoom Video Meeting App – Video Calling Services
How To Use Google Meet Free Version
To sign up for the free version of Google Meet
- Go to the Google Meet https://landing.google.com/googlemeet/
- To sign up for the free version of Google Meet, go to the Google Meet page.
- Enter your name, email, country, and primary use for Google Meet (personal, business, education, or government).
- Agree to Google’s terms of service, and hit Submit.
Once you sign up, here’s how to use the free version of Google Meet
- Go to meet.google.com (or, open the app on iOS or Android, or start a meeting from Google Calendar).
- Click Start new meeting, or enter your meeting code.
- Choose the Google account you want to use.
- Click Join Meeting. You’ll have the ability to add others to your meeting
Google Meet Login
Google Meet login is very simple if you are using a computer to Login follow these few steps:
- On your computer, open googlemeet.google.com
- Or open your Google Meet account using Gmail
- On the Gmail page, enter your Google account details
- Next, move to the left and click on the “Sign In” button.
Therefore using Google Meet will give you another experience of reaching out to your contacts.