In order to create a Google Shopping ad for your Shopify store, you need a merchant center account. Also, you need a Google account like “Gmail” to be able to access the merchant center. We will be discussing fully on Google Merchant Center Shopify, so if you don’t have a Google account, go over to their official website and create one. However, in this article, you will be learning how to set up a merchant center for your Shopify store.
What is the Google Merchant Center?
Google Merchant Center is a platform for product listing ads or Google shopping ads. This is where you store your Shopify product feed. What is a product feed? A product feed is a file that contains all your Shopify product data, such as your product name, unique id, photo, and description, presented in a readable and accessible way. Moreover, the merchant center is also where you give every info about the taxes and shipping of all items.
How to Set up Merchant Center for Shopify
Set up a merchant center with the few steps below.
1: Sign up for Merchant Center
- Navigate to merchant center main page by visiting www.merchants.google.com
- Move to the top and click the sign-in tab.
- You will access the merchant platform using your Gmail account that links to your Ads account. If you don’t have a Google ads account, you have to create one.
- After registration, click on get started button.
- Provide your business details. Details like your business country, business display name and time zone.
- Accept the terms of service.
2: Set up Tax and Shipping Details
This is the first thing to do after registering for the merchant center, proceed with the following guide to set up tax and shipping information
- Locate the settings icon on the left corner of the page and tap on it.
- A list will drop down, from the list, click the “tax and shipping” widget.
3: Add your product feed
As you set up your Google merchant center for Shopify, you have to create your product feed and upload the feed for Google to access. To create a feed, you can do that manually, use content API for shopping or export data using the Shopify app. Read the section below and learn how to create a feed.
How to Create Google Merchant Center Feed for Shopify
The merchant center has two types of feed, primary and supplemental feed. To create a supplemental feed follow the directives below.
- Go to your merchant center account.
- Hit the “feeds” button.
- Scroll to the primary feed, then click on the “+” symbol.
- Select the country where your product will be sold.
- Choose the language you want to use for your product details.
- Select a feed destination.
- Input your feed name.
- Select the method you want to use.
- Input the file name based on the method you are using.
- Tap on the “continue” link.
That is how to create a Google Merchant Center Feed for Shopify.
How to Upload a Feed
To upload a feed, follow the steps below.
- Go to the merchant platform.
- Scroll to your feed page.
- Navigate to the processing field and then tap on the “three dots” tab representing the menu.
- Select the upload preference, from the pop-up menu.
Conclusively, following the above steps appropriately, you will be able to set up your merchant account for the Shopify store and also create your first shopping ads.