Google Pay is a digital wallet platform and an online payment system developed by Google to power in-app and tap-to-pay purchases on mobile devices, enabling users to make payments with Android phones, tablets, or Watches.
Android Pay was rebranded and named Google Pay. As of January 8, 2018, the Old Android Pay and Google Wallet have unified into a single-payer system called Google Pay. Google Pay uses the features of both Goggle wallet and Android Pay through its in-store, Peer-to-peer, and online payments services.
Making use of the google pay mobile payment system can be very beneficial, but only if you know how to. The ease at which the whole platform works is astonishing. And if you are an android device user, this tool is one to look out for. You can now easily carry out all your monetary transactions easily and conveniently.
Benefit Of Google Pay
Just as I explained earlier, making use of this platform and its services has its own perks and advantages. But if you still think it is false, below are some of the benefits of google pay.
- Increases Sales. It makes sales services faster, easier checking out in stores, leading to more store visits, spending more time to shop, customers spending more money
- Customers are not redirected to third-party sites and they stay within their checkout flow for the entire transaction.
- Easy online Integration
- No transaction fees are charged
- Enchanted security via Google tokenization that helps to reduce merchant risk and exposure to fraud
- Fast and easy channel of purchases when customers use Google pay to buy in-store, they speed through checkout when they use Google Pay on their mobile device to tap and pay.
- No cost. It is a free mobile app available in the Google Play Store.
- Customers enjoy peace of mind because they are not sending their actual credit or debit card number to make payment. Instead, it uses a virtual account number to represent the account information.
Steps On How To Set Up Google Pay
To set up google pay, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to Pay at pay.google.com
- Add a payment method
- Next, pay in-store (Android device and select countries only)
- Send money or pay a request (US/UK only)
- Pay on an app or website.
- Download Google pay
- Follow the instructions on setup on the app
- Add a card
- works with PIN, Pattern, password, fingerprints, or retinae scanning screen locks.
- Make devices meet software standards, has NFC, and NFC is turned on.
- In case you have another in-store payment app on your phone make Google pay the default payment app
- Add payment method
- Pay in stores
- Send money or pay a request
- Pay on an app or website.
Following the steps above correctly will enable you to successfully set up google pay on your device.