Do you want to save your photos to the cloud? Then the Google photos app is all you need. With this app, you can view your photos offline as well as back them up in the cloud. This way, when you lose your device, you can always get them back. The Google photos application works with a Google account and it is free to use. A Google account is also free to create but you should acknowledge that using the Gmail platform or Google photos will incur regular data charges. Upon your conclusion of this article, you are going to learn how to not only download the photos app but also how to back up photos in the cloud.
Google as a company has many online platforms and these different online platforms have different purposes. This article is based on the feature and app Google photos. This feature can also be used on the web. You can access photos backed up from another device on the web or a new device using the same Google account. This means to say that with one Google account, you can back up a photo and have access to it on as many devices as possible.
Google Photos App
This app is free to download. However, you might have one or two issues downloading it from time to time so I have decided to compile some steps to help you download the Photos app. Below are the steps to help you download the app.
- Get the device you want to download and install the Photos app to and boot it. Now make sure it has an active internet connection. If it has, then you are good to go.
- On the device, you want to install the photos app on and locate and launch any app store.
- Using the search bar of the app store which you should find at the top of the screen, search for Google photos.
- Tap on the Google photos app and then on the download button. For some devices, you are going to find an install button rather than a download button. Just tap on it, it does not matter.
After a few minutes, the Google photos app should be downloaded on your device. If it is not automatically installed, you should get a notification asking you whether or not you want to install the app. simple install the app and that is all.
How to Back Up Photos with Google Photos
Backing up photos on the app can be confusing as simple as it is.
- Launch the Photos app when your device I connected to the internet.
- If your Google account is not yet signed in, simply sign it in.
- On the home of the photos app, you should see a cloud icon. Simply tap on that could icon and all the photos on your device will start backing up.
That is all you need to do to begin backing up your photos to the cloud using .1