Google Shopping is one of the trending online marketplaces. Shoppers can search for items and also compare prices between vendors. Google Shopping is simply an act of making purchases online using the Google website. This service was introduced by Craig Nevill-Manning. On this platform, users can weigh products or items’ prices from different Sellers.
The platform is powered by google merchant center and Adwords. Google merchant center is simply a tool that helps you to post your item listings while Adwords is the domain of your shopping campaign, where you manage your bids, set your budget and so much more.
To be able to shop or sell products on the Google platform, you need a Gmail account.
How Does it Work?
This platform is meant for both vendors and buyers. Vendors uploads their product listing via merchants Centre. When someone searches for a product online, Google will display all related products for the buyer to compare. This online marketplace helps you to save money by comparing multiple online and local stores.
Merchants display their products by uploading ads. When customers click on the ads, the merchant gives Google a commission for it.
How to create a Google Shopping Account
Take heed to the following instructions and set up an account for you to access the marketplace. If you already have a Google account, there’s no need to create another one.
- Make sure you have an Internet connection
- Proceed to your Internet browser and search for www.gmail.com
- Wait for the main page to open.
- On the main page, select the “create an account” button.
- Provide the required information in the empty fields and then tap the “Next” tab.
- On the fresh page, provide your correct mobile phone number. A code will be sent to the mobile number you provided.
- Go back to the registration page and key in the verification “code” in the appropriate field.
- Scroll down and you will see the “create my account” tab, tap on it.
So many people have adopted this platform. It turns out to be one of the easiest ways to shop and also make sales without stress.
Google Shopping on Shopify
The Google merchant center is one of the sustaining tools for Google Shopping. It helps you post your product information to be available for sales campaigns. The Shopify Google Shopping platform requests for your Google account details in other to Sync your Shopify store with the merchant center account.