Have you heard of a Hotmail Account? After Microsoft’s acquisition of Hotmail, the platform has moved to Microsoft Outlook. This means that Hotmail does not stand on its own. Not minding that there is no separate website for Hotmail, there is still a way to access or create a new email on the platform. This is through the outlook website. If you already have a Hotmail email account, do not worry, your email is still intact, the only difference is that you will be accessing it through Outlook.com. In this write-up, I will be disclosing how to access your old Hotmail account and also how to create a new account.
Hotmail Account Creation
To have an account with Hotmail is very easy and can be done with a few steps on the outlook homepage and you are good to go. The platform offers an updated interface with outstanding options to manage or maintain your emails. It is true that Outlook.com replaced Hotmail. It does not mean that Hotmail is dead, you can still create your own email account.
How to access your old Hotmail Account
Maybe you are one of the people with the old Hotmail email account, after the email service was acquired by Microsoft and you don’t know how if you can still access your account? Or maybe you don’t know how to login or access your email on the platform? The answer to your questions or worries have finally come. The truth is that your old Hotmail email is still intact and you can access it by visiting the Outlook homepage. Proceed with the guide below to access your email platform.
- Launch your mobile phone or desktop browser and search for www.outlook.com to access their homepage.
- On the Outlook main page tap on the “Sign In” link.
- Fill out your email address or phone number in the appropriate field.
- Click the “next” button.
- Type in the corresponding password in the password field.
- Checkmark the box under to keep you signed in. Whenever you open the platform you won’t have to provide your login credentials.
That is how you can with ease access your already existing Hotmail account.
How to Create a new Email
Creating a new Hotmail email can be done following the steps below.
- Scroll to your device and launch your browser.
- Fill in this URL www.outlook.com and hit the enter key.
- Click the “sign in” box on the main page.
- Scroll down and tap the “No account? Create one” link.
- Create your email and make sure you end it with @hotmail.com. You will have to select it from the list.
- Locate the “Next” box and click on it.
- Form a strong password in the password column.
- Confirm the password you created by inputting it again.
- If you want to be receiving notifications on Microsoft products and services, navigate and tap on the small empty box under.
- Hit the “Next” button once again.
- Fill the form displayed to you and finally hit on the “Next” button for the last time.
Follow carefully the instructions given to you further and you should be signed in your newly created account.
Hotmail Account Recovery
The platform provides a reliable account recovery software which makes it a great and effective email platform.
If you want to reset or recover your account login details, follow the steps below.
- Proceed to the Outlook official platform.
- Enter the email address, phone number or skype username of the account you want to recover, then hit the “Next” button.
- Click on the “forgot password” button.
- Select your recovery method and tap on the “Next” button.
- Input the verification code and follow the onscreen instructions.
That is how to recover a lost Hotmail account.