How do I Permanently Delete my PayPal Account is a question most people do ask. Closing your PayPal account permanently is one thing users will really need to reconsider very well before doing it. Once you delete your PayPal account you won’t be able to open it again. In order to use PayPal again, you will have to open a new account altogether which can be done by using the same email address you used previously. Also, know that you cannot delete your account using a mobile (Android phone) but with a laptop or computer.
Possible Reason for closing your PayPal Account
There are a lot of reasons one may choose to close down their PayPal account. If it seems you don’t want to keep the account again, just know that there is no cost attached to keep it open. You never can tell, you may be in need to make use of your PayPal account again.
Some reasons why people would want to delete their account.
- The account may not be useful in the near future. For example, they make have switched to another alternative or found a cheaper alternative.
- The account may have been hacked or compromised. They decide to close it down for safety purposes.
- A different account may have been opened with other particulars.
- Maybe the business using the PayPal account is no longer functional or trading.
What to do Before you close a PayPal Account
There are a few things to consider before deleting a PayPal account. These are things such as:
- Do a change of payment method. When you close an account it cancels all recurring transactions with your PayPal account. It is better you change the payment method to another account.
- Make sure all transactions are confirmed and completed. Closing an account cancels any transactions in progress. You will see all your Pending transactions at the top of your account activity.
- Also, withdraw any available balance from your account. Select ‘Transfer to your bank’ below your PayPal balance, choose a location where you are making a transfer from and to, enter the specific amount you desire to withdraw, and click the “Continue” button. Next, select “Transfer” to complete the withdrawal.
How do I Permanently Delete my PayPal Account – Answered
To delete an account is different depending on the title of such an account if it is a Business or Personal account. Follow the instructions below based on which account you want to delete.
- Go to the PayPal website.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Tap on the profile button next to Log Out.
- Click on the profile and settings button.
- Click on Account settings.
- At the top of the Account Settings page, you will see a Close Account button next to Account type.
- Next, click the Close Account button to delete your PayPal account.
- Go to the official website of PayPal at www.paypal.com.
- Log in to your personal account on PayPal.
- Scroll down to the “Settings” menu next to Log Out.
- Under the “Account Options” section, click on the “Close your account” button.
- At request, enter your bank details.
- Click the “Close Account” button.
In conclusion, after you permanently delete your PayPal account, remember you won’t be able to access the account again. Your account history and records with PayPal will be lost. Although you can still create a new account using the same old email address, you won’t be able to retrieve or view back your transaction history in the previous account.