Without email providers, it will be hard to send emails, but Yahoo Mail has made email sending easy. In this How does Yahoo Mail Work article, you will be learning everything about how the platform works and how to use it. Yahoo mail offers a lot more than messaging, and we will be taking a closer look at those and other features offered. Now, before we proceed, let’s see how you can set up a Yahoo mail account.
Let’s know what Yahoo mail means before we proceed to the basics of using it and also how to create an account. Yahoo Mail is an email service that was launched in 1997 by an American Company, Yahoo Inc. It is free to use, with an optional monthly fee for added features. You can access the platform using the mobile application or web interface from your computer or desktop.
Now that you know what email service means, how can you create an account or maybe log in if you already have an account? If you want to find out, keep reading.
How To Create A Yahoo Mail Account
Creating a Yahoo mail is easy, and before we proceed further, let’s look at how you can easily sign up for an account. You can create a Yahoo mail account using the official website or the app. Follow the instructions below to create a new account;
- Use your favourite browser and go to https://mail.yahoo.com/ or install Yahoo mail App.
- Select to create an account if you don’t already have one.
- You will be asked to enter your name, gender, email address, or ID.
- Create a password. You might be prompted to set up security questions and answers.
Once you have done all that, your free Yahoo mail account will be created and ready for use. Now, you can log in and send your first email.
How To Login To Yahoo Mail
Do you already have an email account with Yahoo? Well, lucky you. To start sending and receiving emails on the account, you have to log in. The process is easy and fast. Install the app or use your browser to navigate to Mail.yahoo.com and follow the below;
- When the login page shows, enter your username, phone number, or email address.
- Type the account password and click “Login”.
If the login details are correct, the Yahoo mail account will be loaded on the device, and you can start sending emails. Do you know you can reset or recover your account password if you have forgotten it? Or username? Want to do that? Read below.
How To Recover Yahoo Mail Details
To recover your email account password, follow the steps below;
- From the platform’s login page, click on “Forgotten password”.
- You will be prompted to identify yourself using your sign-in mobile number, recovery phone number, or recovery email address.
- Click “Continue” and follow the instructions to complete.
Recover Account password;
- To get your password back, click on “Forgotten password”.
- Next, you will have to review the recovery email and phone number.
- Make relevant changes or click “Looks good”.
- Follow the instructions and create a password when prompted to.
Just like your account login details will be recovered, and you can get back into your account with ease. Note: when resetting your password, use a strong yet easy-to-remember password for the account.
How Do Yahoo Mail Work
Now, we are onto the basics of using Yahoo Mail. The basics of using Yahoo Mail include sending and receiving emails or messages. However, they also include formatting email messages, saving, storing, handling attachments, and deleting. All these are very easy to do. Let’s briefly look at these basics;
Features of Yahoo mail
As a Yahoo mail user, here are the basics or features you will find on the platform;
Sending and Formatting Messages
Composing a message to be sent as an email on Yahoo mail is easy. Nevertheless, here is a breakdown of how it’s done;
- Select Compose a message.
- Enter the contact’s address in the TO field.
- Now, use the CC field to provide the addresses of others who should receive a copy of the email.
- Next, enter the subject.
- Finally, in the compose box, type the message you want to send. While composing, you can add an attachment (image, document, link, etc.).
- Check your spelling and send the email.
Receiving and Responding;
You will get notified when a new email comes in, and you can decide what to do. Unread emails or messages will be in bold type, and above the list is a control bar. Here’s what you’ll see;
- Reply: This means responding to a sender.
- Forward: to send a copy of the message or email or attachments to someone else.
- Spam: click this to send the message to your spam folders.
- Move: Save the message to a different folder.
- Print: print out the email or message
- Delete: click this button to move the message to trash.
We mentioned above that you can add attachments to your messages, so here’s a breakdown of how it’s done. Message attachments are files or documents sent with a message. While composing a message, you can send up to 10 MB of files. To attach a document or image to a message, click on “Attach” and select the files you want to add.
Yahoo Mail has an inbuilt search feature that allows users to easily locate messages. The search box is easy to use. To use the Yahoo mail search feature, just type in a term related to the message you want to open.
Convenient Yahoo Mail Tools
Having convenient tools for Yahoo Mail can save time and make email sending easier. The tools to have for Yahoo mail convenience are;
- Keyboard shortcuts: This tool allows you to take action on your account easily without going through the long process.
- Yahoo Contacts: store your contact information with the email platform to easily access and reach anyone from your account.
- Spam and Security folder.
Above are some important tools to have to make messaging easier on the platform. Yahoo mail is one of the easiest and faster email providers to use, and even better with these tools.
No doubt that there is more to Yahoo Mail, and the platform continues to add updates as technology evolves. However, in this guide, we have shared every relevant feature and term related to Yahoo. Hopefully, you find this article helpful. Do you think Yahoo Mail is the best service to use? What are your takes on Yahoo mail? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Please share them in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to use the Yahoo email?
Yahoo mail is easy to use. All that is to be done is sign up or create an account. Once you have an account, you can start sending and receiving messages.
Is Yahoo Mail better than Gmail?
The answer to this question is based on what you want to do with your email account. If storage is what you’re looking for, Yahoo Mail is the best option, compared to Gmail. Both email services are popular and easy to use.
Can I use Gmail in Yahoo Mail?
Yes, you can. Simply go to your Yahoo mail settings and then select Add an account. Now, type your Gmail email address and password.
Can I use Yahoo Mail without the app?
Definitely, you can use Yahoo mail without the app. You can either use your mobile web browser to access your account or use it on your computer or desktop.
Is a Yahoo account the same as Gmail?
No, Yahoo Mail is not the same as Gmail. However, the app is almost identical to Gmail, with folders appearing when you swipe right.
How do I get my Yahoo Mail?
To get your Yahoo mail, you have to create an account. But, if you already have an account, simply log in using your phone number or username and password.
Can I have both Gmail and Yahoo Mail?
Absolutely! Both are different email service providers, so you are free to create accounts and link them.
Also, Check Out: