Snapchat is all about sharing moments with your friends and loved ones, and to do that, you need to add them as friends. Whether you’re new to Snapchat or just looking to expand your network, this post will show you how to add people on Snapchat. And in no time, your friend list will be long. Adding people on Snapchat is very easy, regardless, it’s nothing to be shy about if you don’t know how to add people on the platform.
Easy Steps to Add People on Snapchat
The process is easy and can be done with the steps below;
Step 1: Get the App
If you haven’t already, start by installing the Snapchat app from your device’s app store. Once it’s installed, open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to create an account or log in (if you already have an account).
Step 2: Navigate to the Home Screen
After logging in, you’ll be taken to the Snapchat camera interface., this is the welcome page. To add friends, you need to go to the home screen. Swipe right from the camera screen, or tap the ghost icon at the top left corner.
Step 3: Add Friends from Contacts
One of the easiest ways to add friends is by syncing your phone’s contacts with Snapchat. Follow below;
- Tap on the “Add Friends” option.
- Select “Add from Contacts.”
- The platform will ask for permission to access your contacts, allow it.
- A list of your contacts who are also on Snapchat will appear. You can either tap on each contact to add them individually or tap “Add All” to add them in one go.
Step 4: Search for Friends
Here is how to add friends if your friends aren’t in your contacts or perhaps want to add someone new;
- Tap the “Add Friends” option again.
- Choosing “Search by Username.”
- Enter the Snapchat username of the person you want to add.
- If you find the right user, tap the “Add” button next to their name.
Step 5: Add Friends by Snapcode
Snapchat also allows you to add friends by scanning their Snapcode, which is a unique QR code associated with the account. To do that, follow below;
- Ask your friend to show you the Snapcode on their device.
- Open Snapchat and point your camera at their Snapcode.
- It will automatically detect the code and ask if you want to add the user. To add, tap “Add Friend”.
Step 6: Add Nearby Friends
With the “Add Nearby” feature, you can add someone in close proximity to you. Here’s how its done;
- Go to the “Add Friends” section.
- Choose “Add Nearby.”
- Snapchat will scan for nearby Snapchat users. When it finds them, you can tap on their username to add them.
Adding people on Snapchat is easy and straightforward, and it opens up a world of fun and communication with people. By following the instructions above, you can add as many people as you want to your Snapchat. Please share this post with your friends on your social media accounts. Also, feel free to share your thoughts with other readers.
Also, Check Out;