How to block your Zenith Bank ATM card is easy, but there are various ways to do it, even if it was stolen or misplaced. In this article, we have detailed information on how you can block your Zenith Bank ATM card without going to the bank.
If your debit or credit card was stolen, the first thing you must do is block your card to prevent any fraudulent activity.
Why Should You Block Your Zenith Bank ATM Card?
Here are the reasons you should deactivate your ATM card:
- When your card is stolen.
- Maybe when a third party has access to your card.
- When you take note of unauthorized transactions on your account,
- If your card gets stolen,
- Exposing your card details on a phishing site
How to Block Your Zenith Bank ATM Card
Here are the three major ways you can block your ATM card so that fraudsters won’t have access to your funds via your card.
Below are the following ways to block your Zenith Card Bank ATM card:
Block your ATM Card Via the USSD Code
If you want to block your ATM card through the Bank code, it’s easy and simple. Follow the instructions below to block your ATM card:
- Dial *966*911# from any mobile phone. (Please dial the number registered with your Zenith Bank account.)
- Type in your account number and then your Zenith Bank Alert mobile number.
- Then press ‘I’ to proceed further and block your account instantly.
But if you want to unlock your account and ATM card, you will need to visit any of the Zenith Bank branches close to you.
Block your Zenith Bank ATM Card Via the Zenith Bank Mobile App
The Bank app can be accessed on Android and iOS. This is also another easy way to disable your Zenith Bank ATM card.
- Launch the Zenith Bank Mobile App on your mobile device.
- Click on the ‘Menu icon’ at the top left corner of the app.
- Select ‘Card’ from the different options present.
Continue with the on-screen prompt to block your ATM card.
Block your Zenith Bank ATM Card via their customer care
Here is how to block your account number by contacting Zenith Bank customer care:
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Type in https://www.zenithbank.com/customer-service/.
On that website, you will get their email address, phone number, and other ways to contact them.
Well, if your card was stolen or misplaced, follow the instructions in this article. In this guide, the three methods by which you can block your Zenith ATM card are explained in detail.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I block an ATM card online?
To block your ATM card, visit the official website of your bank and log in to the net banking section. Once you have successfully logged in, go to the “ATM Card Block” section and follow the steps provided by the bank. This will ensure that your ATM card is blocked and no unauthorized transactions can take place.
Can I block someone from taking money from my bank account?
First, you will have to tell your bank that you have “revoked authorization” for the company to take automatic payments from your account. You can use this sample letter. Some banks and credit unions may offer you an online form.
Can I still withdraw money if my card is blocked?
However, recurring autopayments, such as subscriptions and monthly bills changed to the card, will continue to go through. Typically, so will bank fees, returns, credits, interest, and rewards.
Also, check out: