Want to learn how to buy electricity online in Nigeria? you have clicked on the right post to start with. Now, in this article, we will be listing out different means you can use to buy electricity for your home or office in Nigeria online.
With the introduction of prepaid meters, Nigeria has evolved from the conventional means of paying bills to modern online means. Sounds interesting, yeah? However, not everyone knows how to buy electricity online for their prepaid meters. Sadly, most people still go to stand in long queues to buy power units.
Nevertheless, in this article, we will be sharing methods that you can use online without leaving your comfort. Provided you have a fast internet connection and a smart device.
How many methods are there to use and buy electricity online in Nigeria? What method can I use? Truthfully, there are many ways you can use to buy electricity online. But, in this post today, we will be looking at 5 ways you can use to buy electricity online in Nigeria.
Buy Electricity Online In Nigeria With Bank App
This is likely the easiest and safest way to buy electricity online or pay bills. Depending on the Nigerian bank you are using, install the app. Follow the steps below to buy units with your mobile banking app;
- Launch the bank app and select “Pay Bill” or Bill Payment” (this is depending on your bank).
- Next, select Utilities from the menu.
- Choose the biller you want to pay to.
- Type your meter number and choose a package.
- Enter the electricity amount you want to buy.
- Finally, review the details and proceed to payout.
To complete, enter your transaction pin and wait for the payment to go through. After that, the token will be sent to your phone number.
Buy Electricity Online In Nigeria Using BuyPower
To BuyPower is the top choice of many Nigerians and is totally worth it. Here is how to buy with BuyPower;
- Go to BuyPower at buypower.ng
- Enter your mobile number and hit the Click here to buy electricity” button.
- Select the state, enter the meter number, and the amount you want to buy.
- Next, click on “Continue to pay information”.
- After reviewing the details click on “PAY”.
- To proceed to payment, choose your preferred method.
Next, follow the prompts on the screen to complete the payment process and receive your 20 digits token.
Buy Electricity Online In Nigeria Using PayPower
PayPower is one of the newest platforms designed for buying electricity online in Nigeria. Furthermore, it is very easy to use. You don’t have to leave your comfort to buy electricity units online.
Use the steps below to buy electricity with PayPower;
- Open your favorite web browser and go to the PayPower site.
- You will have to create an account using your phone number.
- Then, click “Buy Now”.
- Start by entering your meter or account number.
- Choose the package; postpaid or prepaid.
- Select your state from the options (not all are listed).
- Enter the electricity amount, then click on “Continue”.
- Review and proceed.
- Pick your preferred payment method and make it.
After the payment is processed, your token will be sent to your phone number.
Buy Electricity Online In Nigeria Using InstantEnergy
To buy electricity online in Nigeria with InstantEnergy, follow the easy steps below;
- Go to https://instantenergy.com.ng/
- Type your active phone number, and click on “Buy Electricity”.
- Enter the meter number, and select your state of residence.
- Fill in your name in the text field.
- Type the amount of electricity you want to buy and click “Proceed to payment”.
- Select your preferred payment means.
Now, complete the payment and your token will be sent to your phone.
Buy Electricity Online In Nigeria Using Lumia
If you are looking for a platform with a simple interface to use and buy electricity online, then Lumia is your best bet. It is easy to use. Follow the guidelines below to use the platform;
- Open your web browser and proceed to https://lumia.ng/.
- Start by selecting your location.
- Then, enter your prepaid meter number and phone number.
- Enter your email and the amount to buy.
- Click “Buy Now”.
- You will be redirected to the payment page, select the method you want to use.
Now, your meter token will be sent once the payment is confirmed.
To help you easily buy electricity from your comfort, in this article we have listed out five methods that you can use to buy units online in Nigeria. We hope you find this article helpful. Which electricity purchase means are you using? What is experience? Share them in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy electricity online?
Yes, you can buy your prepaid meter electricity units online with the platforms designed for purchase.
How to buy meter units online?
To buy meter units online, visit any of the platforms for electricity purchases. Enter your phone number, meter number, and the amount you want to buy. Make payment and your token will be sent to your phone.
Can I buy electricity on my phone?
With your bank mobile app or payment platforms such as Lumia, BuyPower, JumiaPay, PayPower, InstantEnergy, etc.
Can I buy prepaid meters Online?
Absolutely, you can buy prepaid meter units online using your mobile banking app or any of the electricity payment apps.
Also, Check Out;