Want to stop Instagram from suggesting users based on your recent searches on the platform? That is easy to do. In this article, we will share the steps on how to clear Instagram search suggestions when typing.
Search suggestions popup based on what you have typed on the search engine but, it can sometimes be annoying because you might tap on a name different from the one you want to tap on. Thankfully, Instagram allows users to delete search history. Want to find out how to do that, don’t you? Well, there is only one way to find out and that is by reading to the end.
Instagram automatically displays your search history whenever you open the search engine to enter a word. However, you can delete the search history of the items or names you don’t want to see. This article will teach you to clear your Instagram search history to stop suggestions when typing.
The action of clearing Instagram search suggestions when typing can be done on Android and iOS devices. Now, follow the steps below to clear search suggestions when typing on Instagram.
How to Clear Search Suggestions on Instagram When Typing on Mobile Device
If you are using a smartphone, follow the steps below to clear your search history on Instagram;
- Open Instagram and log into your account.
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the page.
- Now, tap on the search bar and scroll through the recent search items.
- Tap on the X next to the item you want to delete or clear.
- On the other hand, you can tap on the “See All” icon and then, select “Clear All”.
Tap on the Clear all icon if you wish to clear out your whole search history to stop getting suggestions when typing.
How to Clear Search Suggestions on Instagram When Typing on a Computer
Follow the steps below to delete or clear search suggestions on your Instagram account;
- Visit the Instagram website at instagram.com and log in.
- Click on the search bar.
- To clear a search term, click on the X next to the word.
- To clear all at once, click on “See All” and then select “Clear All”.
By clicking on clear all, your Instagram search history will be cleared and you will no longer get search suggestions when typing.
How to Delete Search From Instagram Settings
You can follow the guidelines listed below to delete or clear your search history at once directly from your Instagram settings page;
- Go to the account and tap your profile picture.
- Then click on the three lines icon and select “Settings”.
- From the options that will be shown select “Security”.
- Select “Search History” from the options.
- Now, scroll through the search terms on the list or click on “Clear All”.
With the easy steps above, you can clear all your recent search suggestions on your Instagram account.
There you have the steps to follow and get rid of the annoying search suggestions that keep popping up when typing on the Instagram search engine. We hope the guide above is helpful. For questions, use the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off predictive search on Instagram?
Unfortunately, there is no feature to turn off predictive search on Instagram. Thankfully, you can easily clear them off. To clear them, open the search engine on Instagram and tap on the X button next to the term you want to ease. Or tap on see all and then clear all to delete all your search history.
How to delete Instagram search suggestions when typing 2022 reddit?
To delete Instagram search suggestions when typing, tap on the X icon next to the term. Or erase all by selecting see all and then “Clear All”.
How do I get rid of suggestions on Instagram 2022?
Get rid of the search suggestions on your account when typing by selecting the x key next to a term.
Why is my Instagram full of suggestions?
This may be due to the settings on your Instagram account. Depending on your settings, you may see suggested posts when scrolling through your feed. They are based on things like people you follow and posts you have liked, saved, or commented on.
Also, Check Out:
- How To Log Out Of Instagram On All Devices
- How To Find Facebook Friends On Instagram
- How To Find Someone On Instagram
- How To Search Filters On Instagram