Almost, every Roku model uses Wi-Fi to get connected to the internet. And this always works perfectly. but if you need to connect to a new Wi-Fi network and don’t have the remote, then things can get complicated. Read this article attentively to know how to connect Roku tv to wi-fi without a remote.
Now, if your Roku is connected to a Wi-Fi network and all you must do is switch it over to another one, then you are in luck. You can make use of the Roku mobile app or the desktop browser extension as a virtual remote to switch Wi-Fi networks.
Let me give you tips or a little explanation about Roku tv, it is like every other smart TV, what this means is that it’s a Tv that lets you use internet streaming services, apps, and other features, let voice controls, without having to use any external devices.
If your Roku device isn’t connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll need to use Ethernet. The only caution is that this method only works if your Roku has Ethernet ports. So, if you are not having an Ethernet port, you don’t have any choice but to get a new remote.
Read this article further to know how you can control your Roku with a remote, including how to connect it to a new Wi-Fi network and many others.
Procedures to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a Remote Using the Roku App
The First thing you need to do is to set up the Roku app on your phone. It is available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store:
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku player. And you need to know that if the Roku isn’t connected to Wi-Fi at all, this method will not work.
- Open the Roku app and tap “Devices” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Then hit on your Roku device when it appears in the app.
- At this point your phone should be connected to the Roku as a remote Tap “Remote” and use the Virtua; remote to select settings on the left side of Roku’s home screen, then select network.
- Select “Set Up Connection, then choose Wireless to let your Roku search for a new Wi-Fi signal. When you have found the one you want, select it and enter the password.
When you have connected to the new network, your Virtual remote will get disconnected. You now must connect your phone to the new network and reconnect it.
How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without a Remote in a Browser
There is an alternatiTagsve if you don’t want to use the Roku mobile app, you can download the Roku Google Chrome extension or the Roku extension for Microsoft Edge Called Remoku:
- Ensure your computer is connected and your Roku player to the same Wi-Fi network, and then open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Tap on the “Remoku” icon in the toolbar which is in the top right part of the chrome window. After you must have done that, it will bring up the Virtual remote on your screen, and you can use it to navigate the Roku player’s menus.
- By making use of the Virtual remote, hit on “Settings” on the left side of Roku’s home screen, and select Network.
- Now, you will have to “Set up connection” and then select wireless to let your Roku search for a new Wi-Fi signal. When it finds the one you want, click on it, and enter the password.
If your Remoku is disconnected, then you need to connect your computer to the new network, and you should be able to use the virtual remote again.
Steps to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without a Remote using an Ethernet Cable
Simple steps to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a Remote using an Ethernet Cable:
- You must connect your Roku player to the router using an Ethernet cable, and then connect your phone to that same router wirelessly.
- Go to the Roku app and click on devices in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click your Roku device when it appears in the app.
- If your phone and Roku device connect, click Remote.
- On the Roku Player, use the virtual remote to select settings on the left side of the home screen and then choose a network.
- Tap on Set up connection, and then select wired.
Now you will have to select your network from the list and then enter the password. Once you’re done, hit connect, and your Roku device will connect, and your Roku Device will connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Roku Tv Relevant Links
To access the Roku Tv website; Check here.
Click on this link to access the Roku Tv help center web page.
Download the Roku Tv application on your device, by clicking on these links: Google Play, and App Store.
Roku Tv Social Media Links
Access Roku Tv through Facebook.
Connect with Roku Tv on Twitter.
Link up with Roku Tv on Instagram.
Tap here to connect with Roku Tv on YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Roku not Connecting to my TV?
First, make sure that your power cable is connected properly and plugged in. if it still won’t turn on, remove the power cable for five seconds, and then plug it back in. if that fails then you will have to reset your Roku device using the reset button.
How can I Connect my Wi-Fi to my Roku TV?
Turn on your Roku device. On your TV, select the input that matches your Roku HDMI connection. Exit your TV settings and navigate to the Roku Home Screen. Now, using your Roku remote, select the settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set Up new Wi-Fi connection.
Can you Use Roku without the Internet?
Roku streaming players and Roku TVs need internet access to stream content. They use wireless to connect to your home network. Or you can choose a model that offers a wired Ethernet connector.
Is Roku TV a Smart TV?
A Roku TV is a smart TV made easy with quick access to your favorite entertainment. With a customizable home screen and simple search, it’s easy to find something to watch fast.
Also, Check Out: