Are you finding it hard to connect your Xbox 360 controller? Don’t worry much about how to connect Xbox 360 controller. In this article, we will be providing you with a solution. Even after all these years past, Xbox still provides gamers with countless hours of gaming fun and entertainment. However, the process of connecting the Xbox 360 might be quick and hard, but if you follow the guide that will be provided in this article you will able to connect it as soon as possible with ease.
Connecting or syncing your Xbox 360 controller can be done wireless or wired and each option has its method of setup. Below is how to connect your controller on Xbox 360;
Connect a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller;
- Turn on your Xbox.
- Then turn the Xbox 360 controller on by pressing and holding the “guide” button on the controller until its turns on.
- Press and release the “Wireless Connect” button on the Xbox 360. This can be found on the front of the console. When you see a ring light around the console’s power button, it means the console is on.
- While the lights are still flashing, press the Connect button on the controller. This is located on the game pad’s backside.
If the controller doesn’t turn on, then check the batteries. If they are dead or bad, change them and ensure they are placed correctly.
Connect Your Xbox 360 Controller Wired or With a Cable;
Another method of connecting is using a wired connection and it is easy. To do this, plug your Xbox 360 lead into the top of the port of the controller. Next, plug the lead itself into one of the USB ports on the console. To disconnect the controller, pull out the connection, not the cable.
If the cable is pulled, the inline release reduces the chance of the Xbox 360 console falling, so ensure to be careful enough.
Also, Check Out; How to Connect Bose Headphones to Xbox
How to Troubleshooting Xbox 360 Connection
If after using the steps above and still unable to connect to a wireless or wired connection, then troubleshooting is the only solution. On the Xbox support page, the troubleshooting methods for your controller are;
- The fault could come from the controller battery, so replace the batteries on your controller.
- Replace the battery pack for your Xbox controller.
- Lastly, try a rechargeable battery pack.
Furthermore, you can simply try using a wired connection in a different port or change the cable as it may help rectify the issues on the controller.
How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller to PC
If you are using a wired Xbox 360 controller, you just need to plug it into the USB port on your PC and all the necessary drivers will be automatically installed. To connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to a PC, a wireless receiver is required.
Below is how to set up a third-party option effortlessly;
- Connect the wireless receiver to spare a USB port.
- Then use the windows search box to locate Device Manager and select it from the results that will be shown.
- An item on the list with a small yellow triangle will be shown suggesting that windows don’t recognize the device. Now, right-click on it and select “Properties”, then “Driver” and then “Update Driver”.
- Then click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Next, select the option that says “let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer”.
- Scroll down and select “Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows” from the list. Click on “Next”.
- Select “YES” on the warning message that will appear suggesting it can’t confirm if the driver is compatible. Wait for it to be installed.
Now, turn on your Xbox 360 controller by pressing and holding the Guide button. Follow the prompts that will be shown on the PC to commence the process and connect.
Everything you need to know about connecting your Xbox 360 controller has been listed above. In addition, the troubleshooting guides for issues have been mentioned as well. Ensure to thoroughly follow the steps listed in this guide. Also, share with your friends and drop your thoughts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Xbox 360 controller not connecting?
The possible reason for the controller not to connect could be that the Xbox 360 wireless controller batteries are weak. Or the rechargeable battery pack needs to be recharged. It could also be that four controllers are already connected to the console.
Where is connect button on Xbox 360?
For the original Xbox 360, the button is located to the right of the memory card slots. Then on the Xbox 360 E and Xbox S, the connect button is next to the controller ports.
How do I connect my Xbox 360 controller to my USB?
To connect, plug the Xbox 360 controller into any USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on your computer. If you using Windows 10, then the device will automatically install drivers so you won’t have to download or install the software other than the updates on Windows 10.
Why is my Xbox controller blinking and won’t connect?
It depends on the blinking light type, if it’s fast-blinking light, then it means the controller is trying to connect to a console or Pc. While slow blinking indicates that there is an issue with the battery pack.
Why is my Xbox controller just blinking and not connecting?
The possible cause for this is weak batteries or the controller is no longer paired. You can start by recharging or replacing its batteries, if not the battery, then pair the controller to your console again.
Can I use a regular USB for Xbox 360?
For a USB flash drive to be used, it must meet the requirements of having a minimum of 1GB of storage capacity and windows FAT32 file system format.
Also, Check Out: