Do you know that you can control your Apple Tv with your phone? With the Apple Tv Remote in your iPhone Control Center, you can easily control your Apple Tv or Smart Tv. Controlling your Apple Tv with your phone is very easy, but some people find it difficult. So, if the process is hard for you, keep reading because we will be outlining the guides on how to control Apple Tv with iPhone.
With the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, the Apple Tv Remote is automatically added to your Control Center. If the remote control is added there, you can easily control your tv without the Tv remote. However, to control your Apple Tv with your phone, you must set up the remote in your settings. Now, without much time wasting, let’s see how you can control your Apple Tv with your iPhone.
How To Set Up Apple Tv Remote On Your iPhone
Before we proceed, have in mind that for iOS 13 and the latest OS, the Apple Tv Remote is already added to the control center. Don’t worry if you can’t find it in your control center, you can add it manually. To control Apple Tv with your iPhone, follow the steps below to add it to your Control Center;
- First, open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Con troll Center.
- Now, tap the + icon to the left of the Apple Tv Remote.
It will be added to your phone’s control center. Now, that it’s added, the next process will be to set it up. Use the guidelines below to set up Apple Tv Remote on your iPhone;
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open the control center (On iPhones without a home button.
- iPhone with the home button: swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
- Now, tap on the Apple Tv Remote icon.
- Next, tap your Apple Tv or Smart Tv from the list that will appear.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions that will appear to enter a four-digit passcode into your phone.
Once the setup process is completed, you can control your Apple Tv with your iPhone from the control center. If you have more than one Apple Tv that is connected to the Remote feature on your iPhone, you can switch between the connected TVs easily.
How To Control Apple TV with iPhone Control Center
Now, that the Apple Tv Remote is set up on your phone, you can easily navigate through and control your tv. To navigate and control the TV, use the steps below;
Navigate and Select Apps or Content;
- From your control center, tap on “Apple Tv Remote”.
- Swipe left, right, up, or down to navigate apps and content.
- To navigate lists, swipe up or down a few times in the touch area.
- Swipe to highlight an item and then tap the touch area to select an item.
Use App Keyboard with Apple TV Remote;
- When the on-screen keyboard shows on your Apple Tv, a keyboard will appear on your iPhone as well.
- If you enter a text on the iOS Keyboard, it will be updated on your Tv Screen as well.
Well, there you have the steps to follow to set up and control your Apple Tv from your iPhone. The TV remote on the phone can pretty much do everything that the Apple Tv Remote can do. If you have questions or suggestions to add, do well to leave them in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I control an Apple TV without the remote?
Yes, you can control your Apple Tv without the physical remote using the one on your iPhone or iPad. Also, you can use a different remote.
Why can’t I control my Apple TV with my iPhone?
This could be because you are not using the same Wi-Fi network. To use the Apple Tv Remote on your iPhone to control your TV, make sure that both devices are connected to the same internet connection.
How do I use my iPhone as a remote for Apple TV without a remote?
Ensure that your Tv and iPhone are connected to the same internet network and go to your control center. Select the remote icon and select the Tv you want to control. However, before you can control your Tv with the remote on your iPhone, you must set up following the prompts that will be shown.
Can you manually control Apple TV?
You can manually control your Apple Tv using the touch area and buttons. Note that additional controls show during playbacks.
Why is there no Apple TV Remote app?
In late 2020, Apple removed the TV remote app from the App Store, changing the way you can control your Tv with your phone. Nevertheless, it is still available as a button on the control center of your iPhone.
Can I use my iPhone as a remote control?
Yes, provided you have set up the Tv remote on your iPhone. You can find the Apple Tv Remote on your iPhone from the Control Center.
Also, Check Out:
- How To Add An Admin To A Facebook Group
- How To Search Reels On Facebook
- How To Take A Screenshot On A Samsung Chromebook
- How to Activate Your EDMI Prepaid Meter