Do you know that you can raise money for organizations you care about using Facebook? Well, yes, you can create a fundraiser on Facebook. And in this article, you will be learning how to create a fundraiser on FB. Creating a fundraiser on Facebook is very easy.
If you create a nonprofit fundraiser on Fb, the organization or person will receive the donations directly from Facebook and there are no charges.
Fundraisers on Facebook are very easy and fast to start. After creating the fundraiser, you can share it with friends and others on the platform. Below in this article, we will be sharing a step-by-step guide to use and create a fundraiser on Fb.
How Do I Create A Fundraiser On Facebook
Want to create a fundraiser for a charity or organization? Well, use the steps below;
Mobile Device Users;
- Tap on the three lines at the bottom of Facebook.
- Tap on “Fundraisers”.
- Then select “Create fundraiser”.
- You can either find the charity or organization you want to raise money for or use the search engine to type the name.
- Press on the Charity when you find it.
- Now, enter the target amount you want to raise and the currency.
- To finalize it, tap on “Create” at the bottom.
- Use your desktop or computer and navigate to facebook.com to log in.
- On the left side of your account, click on “Fundraiser”. If the icon is not found there, click on “See more”.
- On the left side, click on “Raise money”.
- Click on “Charity”.
- Find the charity you want to raise money for or type the name into the search bar.
- Select the charity when you see it.
- Now, fill out the information about the fundraiser.
- Enter the goal amount and the currency you want the funds to be in.
- Lastly, click on “Create”.
Once the fundraiser has been created, a pop screen where you can invite your friends to donate will show up. Also, you can share the fundraiser in your feed or donate to it.
Told you it was easy, right? Now, you can create a fundraiser for that charity or organization that you like and raise money for them. There you have the steps to use and raise on Facebook. Creating a fundraiser is good because they assist those in need, however, you shouldn’t create them too often.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Facebook take from a fundraiser?
Facebook doesn’t deduct any fees from nonprofit fundraisers held on the platform. So, it is a zero percent charge.
Is Facebook fundraising free?
Facebook fundraising for charitable organizations is covered by the platform. For personal ones, the payment processing fees are deducted.
How long does it take Facebook to approve a fundraiser?
Fundraisers on the fb take up to two to three weeks to get approved.
Is Facebook fundraising safe?
Using Facebook for fundraising is as safe as every other platform out there.
Where does Facebook fundraiser money go?
Money raised on Fb is paid out to valid checking accounts. However, have in mind that only bank accounts in eligible countries can be used to receive payouts.
Can I fundraise for myself?
Yes, you can raise money for yourself on Facebook. Ensure to use a good and catching title for your fundraiser.
How do you create a fundraiser on Facebook?
To create a fundraiser,
- Click on the Fundraiser icon
- Then select raise money.
- Select whom you are creating the fundraiser.
- Enter the details of the fundraiser including the target amount and the currency you want the money in.
- Then, click on “Create”.
How to create a fundraiser on Facebook as a nonprofit?
Here is how to raise money on Facebook for a nonprofit cause;
- Tap on “Fundraisers”.
- Then, select “Raise Money”.
- Tap Charity.
- Find a charity or use the bar to find it.
- Enter the amount you want to raise and the currency.
- Lastly, tap on “Create” at the bottom.
How to start a fundraiser for yourself on Facebook?
Use the steps below;
- From the Fundraiser space, click on “Raise money”.
- Then click on “Personal Cause”
- Choose a category and enter the name, the story behind it, the goal amount, and the date to end the fundraiser.
- Click create.
- Now, enter your personal info and click “Submit”.
How to start a fundraiser on Facebook for your birthday?
Use the directives below to create a birthday fundraiser on Facebook;
- In the Fundraiser space, swipe through the charities suggested or use the search bar.
- Tap the charity you want to raise funds for.
- Then, under the “Let’s start with the basics”, enter the name of the charity, a cover photo, a title, a description, the goal amount, and the currency you want the money in.
- Lastly, press “Create”.
How to create a fundraiser on a Facebook page?
You cannot create a fundraiser on a Facebook page; however, you can raise money using the directives below;
- Click on Fundraiser.
- Then, on the left, select “Raise money”.
- Choose charity or Personal cause.
- If it’s a personal fundraiser, choose the category for it. Then enter a name for it and the story behind it.
- Now, enter the amount of money you want to raise and the currency you want it in. Also, include the date you want to end it.
- Click on “create”. For the personal fundraiser, you will automatically be taken to a screen to provide your personal information. Then click on Submit.
How to create a fundraiser on Facebook app?
Raise money on Fb using the guidelines below;
- On your Android device, tap on the three lines at the top of Facebook.
- Tap on “Fundraisers” and select “Create fundraiser”.
- Now, you can either scroll to find the charity or use the search engine to type in the charity you want to raise money for.
- Tap on the charity.
- Fill out the goal amount of the money you want to raise and the currency.
- At the bottom, tap on “Create”.
Also, Check Out:
- How To See Who Unfriended You On Facebook 2022
- How To Invite People To Like A Facebook Page
- How To Find Facebook Friends On Instagram
- How To Add Music To Facebook Post