Are you searching for easy ways to reach your target audience on Pinterest? Creating an Idea Pin is a great way to put your business or brand out there. In this article, you will learn how to create an Idea Pin on Pinterest.
If you are interested in learning about marketing and SEO on Pinterest, you will most likely come across idea pins. As luck would have it, the process of creating an idea pin is easy. Read on to learn more.
Idea Pins are just the stories concept on Instagram and Facebook, they are meant to present a visual story of your brand or business to your followers. When creating an idea pin, you can include up to 20 videos, images, and text pages.
Stories are engaging, why? Because they create a visual display of your brand’s products or goods and present them out there for viewers. Creating idea pins will help increase your brand’s overall engagement.
Recommended to Read; How to Sign Up for Pinterest
How To Create An Idea Pin On Pinterest
Idea pins are just like your standard pins because they display in your home feed and other places on the platform. When a user creates an idea pin, Pinterest automatically generates an icon on the upper side of the screen indicating the number of pages it features.
A fun thing about Pinterest idea pins is that they don’t disappear after 24 hours like the stories on Instagram or Facebook. They appear permanently on your profile. Doesn’t it sound like something you would want to do? If yes, well, read on to find out how you can create an idea pin on your Pinterest.
How To Create A Product Pin On Pinterest
Creating product pins makes it easier for your followers to purchase your products. When the pins are put out there, customers can access them. Also, when a customer or user selects your product pins on Pinterest they can click on Visit and will be sent directly to the product page of your site.
Follow the easy steps below to create or tag a product pin on your Pinterest account;
- Log in to your Pinterest account using a Desktop.
- Click on Create at the top and select “Create Pin”.
- Now, upload an image or video of your product.
- Add a title, description, and destination link from your website.
- Click on the tag icon and the +
- Select whether you want to add an existing Pin, enter a URL, or select Product ID from an existing catalog.
- Follow the same steps 5 to 6 times, until you have more than 3 products and click on “Save Products”.
- Click on “Done and then choose a board to save your product collection from the drop-down.
- Lastly, click on “Publish”.
Note that when you add a product from a product URL, the Product Pin you create will be on a protected board and will only be seen by you. You can access them by scrolling to the bottom of your profile.
How To Create An Idea Pin On Pinterest iPad
To create an idea pin on the Pinterest app on iPad, ensure that the app is updated. Follow the steps below to create idea pins on Pinterest on your iPad;
- Open the Pinterest app on your iPad and tap on the + at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Idea Pin”.
- Tap on the camera button to record up to 60 seconds of video or select videos or images from your device. If you select multiple images or videos from your device, you can decide to add them to one page or create a new page for each.
- When you are done selecting videos or images, tap on “Next”.
- Tap on a page to start designing, and add text or effects.
- From there, tap on “Next” to go to the finishing touches page.
- Tap on “Done”.
- To put it out there, tap on “Publish”.
When creating an idea pin on Pinterest, you can add different effects.
Recommended to Read; How Pinterest Ads Work – How To Create Pinterest Ads
How To Create An Idea Pin On Pinterest Using a Desktop or Mobile Device
Use the easy instructions below to create an idea pin on Pinterest;
On Desktop Web;
- Go to your Pinterest account and click on “Create” and select “Create Idea Pin”.
- Click on “Create New” and then click on the upward arrow to choose up to 20 images or videos from your desktop. Also, you can drag and drop.
- Use the tools at the right side of the screen to design your pages such as adding text, adjusting, the background, etc.
- To see how its looks, click on “Preview”.
- Click on Next to go to the finishing touches page and fill out some information such as cover, title, board, tags, comments, list, etc.
- Finally, click on “Publish”.
On Mobile Devices;
- Tap on the + icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Select “Idea Pin”.
- Tap on the camera to record or select videos or pictures from your device.
- When you have finished selecting, tap on “Next”.
- Tap on a page to start designing, including text or effects.
- Then tap on “Done” to go to the Finishing touches page.
- Add cover, title, list, board, tags, settings, etc.
- Lastly, tap on “Publish”.
There you have the steps to follow and create idea pins on your Pinterest account easily.
That is everything you need to know about creating an Idea Pin on Pinterest. In addition, we added the steps of creating a product pin as well. Use the comment section if you have questions.
Recommended to Read; How to Recover my Pinterest Forgotten Password
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between an idea pin and a pin on Pinterest?
Idea pins are just like stories that allow users to add up to 20 pages of videos or images. Pins on the hand are like posts that you upload. Idea pins are used for promoting a business or brand’s products, brand awareness, growing an audience, and driving traffic to a site. On the other hand, Pins are for sharing pictures or videos on your profile.
Why can’t I make an idea pin on Pinterest?
If you are using Pinterest business but don’t see the tab for creating an idea pin, you might have to request access.
Are idea pins available to everyone?
Anyone using Pinterest can save your ideal pins directly to a mobile device provided you enable permissions. You can allow downloading permission from the settings page, under social permissions.
How do I create an idea pin on Pinterest iPad?
You can create an idea pin on your iPad using the steps below;
- Open the Pinterest app on your device.
- Tap the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Idea Pin”.
- Now, tap the camera button to record up to 60 seconds of video or select photos or videos from your device.
- Tap Next.
- Add the finishing touches such as title, cover, text, board, tags, etc., and tap on “Done”.
- Finally, tap “Publish” to post your idea pin.
How do I make a public pin on Pinterest?
Do so by following the directives below;
- Log in to your Pinterest account on your device and select the plus icon.
- Click on Create Pin.
- Include the picture or video from your device library or drag and drop.
- Add a title, description, and destination link, and select a board.
- Then, click on “Save” to upload.
How do you create an idea pin on Pinterest?
Log in to your account and click on “Create”, then select “Create Idea pin”. Add the images or videos you want of your brand’s products or goods. Use the editing tools to add effects (optional). Then proceed to add tags, text, title, description, etc., and click on “Public” to share it.
Also, Check Out:
- How to log in to my Pinterest Account
- How to Set Up Pinterest Business Page
- How To Upload Pictures On Pinterest
- How To Save Something On Pinterest