Just like Facebook, Instagram now allows users to create their avatars. You can create and customize your avatar using the Instagram app for Android and iPhone. If that is something you would like to do, then you should read as we will be showing you how to create an Instagram avatar. Now, before we go ahead to show you the guidelines for creating an Instagram avatar, let’s briefly understand what it means.
Creating an avatar on Instagram is very easy and is only allowed for those with an account. You can create an avatar that looks just like you. It is more like a cartoon version of yourself. Now, another fun thing about Instagram avatars is that you can share them with your friends via stories or Direct Messages.
Let’s understand what an Instagram avatar is first before creating and personalizing your avatar. In addition, we will explain how you can share it with your friends.
What is an Instagram Avatar?
Instagram avatar is quite similar to Snapchat Bitmoji and Apple Memoji. It is a cartoon version of you. The avatar depicts an animated version of what you look like in real. With your avatar, texting on Instagram will be more fun.
You can customize your avatar to how you want it, from the skin tone to facial lines, hairstyles, and outfits, you are the architect. Also, Instagram avatars are free and easy to create. You can change your avatar’s items of clothing as frequently as you want. If you have been imagining how good you’d look as a cartoon, well now is the time to test that theory.
How to Create Your Instagram Avatar
Instagram started in the United States and United Kingdom, but now it is available in other parts. To create your avatar on Instagram, ensure that the app is downloaded into your device and that you are logged in. Note; Instagram avatar is available on the web version.
Now, follow the steps below to create your Instagram avatar and personalize it the way you want;
- Open the Instagram app and ensure that you are logged in.
- Tap on the horizontal lines at the top or bottom of your screen or just tap on your “Profile Picture”.
- Tap on Edit Profile and select “Create Avatar”.
- The avatar page will be loaded, tap on “Get Started”.
- Now, start customizing your avatar by selecting a skin tone just like yours or close. After that, tap on “Next”.
- Pick a hairstyle, face shape, eye shape, and color.
- Next, select eyebrows, eyewear, nose shape, face shape, and facial accessories, and add a touch of makeup. Tap on “Next”.
- Now, pick your body type and choose an outfit. There is different clothing apparel used in the world, choose one.
- When you are done customizing, you can use the mirror icon to compare your avatar to your real face.
- If you like what you see, tap on “Done”
- Lastly, tap on “Save Changes” to confirm.
With the steps above, your avatar will be created immediately and you can start using it.
How to Edit Instagram Avatar
If you wish to make some changes to your avatar, editing it is very simple. Use these steps to edit your Instagram avatar;
- Go to your Profile Settings.
- Select Accounts and then Avatar.
- Your Instagram avatar will be displayed, now make the changes you want or upgrade.
- Tap on “Done” when you are satisfied.
Instagram allows users to make changes to their avatars and add whatever they want.
How to Use Your Instagram Avatar
Now, that you have your avatar on Instagram, of course, you would like to showcase it to your friends. Instagram allows you to use it on your stories and direct messages. Here is how to use your newly created avatar on stories and DMS;
- Open the Instagram story icon on your account.
- Now, take a new selfie or select one from your Photo Library.
- Tap on Sticker at top of the screen to see the available features, then select “Avatar”.
- Select the reaction of your avatar you want to share, and resize it as you want.
- Lastly, tap on “Your Story” to share it.
Here is how to use your avatar on chats;
- Open the chat with the person you’d like to respond to and select the sticker icon.
- Tap on Avatar to load the reactions or options of your avatar.
- Select the one you want to send and automatically it will be sent in the chat.
Instagram allows users to create engaging avatars that can be used across the Meta apps. Now, you know how to create an avatar on Instagram, you can create your own and share it with friends on the platform. You can also share this article with your friends to pass the knowledge to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Instagram avatar free?
Instagram avatar is completely free to create and use it. Also, you can make relevant changes to it whenever you want. From outfits to accessories to hairstyles is free to use. All you need to have is the Instagram app on your smartphone.
How do you get an avatar on Instagram chat?
Select the chat or conversation you want to respond to with your avatar and next tap on Sticker or Avatar. Choose the one you want to send.
How do you make an avatar of yourself on iPhone?
Making an avatar of yourself on your iPhone can be done using the steps below;
- Open the Messages app on your phone.
- Select a message or compose to start a new conversation.
- Tap on the Memoji button, then swipe right and select the New Memoji icon.
- Now, you can start creating your emoji. Customize the skin tone, hairstyles, eyes, nose, etc.
- When you are happy with how it looks, tap on “Done” to save.
Why can’t I use my avatar on Instagram?
Instagram avatar is not yet accessible to everyone, so the feature is not working for you, it means it is not available in your region yet.
Can I set my avatar as my Instagram profile picture?
Instagram doesn’t allow the use of avatars as profile pictures; it only allows pictures. Nevertheless, you can take a screenshot of your avatar, crop it and upload it as your profile picture. Hopefully, users will be able to use their avatars as their profile pictures later on.
Also, Check Out:
- Instagram Dark Mode on Android – How to Turn on Dark Mode
- Instagram Growth Tools – Instagram Growth Tools Every Marketer will Like