Do you want to know How to Delete a Spotify Account? Are you tired of using the Spotify Application and you’re looking for how to delete your Spotify account? Or do you have a premium subscription you’re no longer using? These and others may be the reason you’re trying to delete your Spotify account.
Spotify is a streaming music service that has an ad-supported free version and also an ad-free premium version. In this article, let me show you How To Delete A Spotify Account with a step-by-step guide. Continue reading the work.
How to Delete a Spotify Account
As defined earlier above, Spotify is a streaming music service that has an ad-supported free version and also an ad-free premium version. Do you have a premium subscription that is no longer in use, you can get it to cancel or unsubscribe from Spotify. Or alternatively, return the account to a free account.
A free account can still be of use on your computer, phone, and smart speakers like Alexa and elsewhere. Canceling your subscription is not just the best. In order to remove your account permanently, you have to follow some steps to properly guide you on how to close the account.
What Happens when you Close your Spotify Account
Here are the following things that happened when you delete your Spotify account
- Spotify Username will no longer be used as a Spotify account again
- All your Playlists and music saved will no longer be in existence
- No follower again.
- Note that your deleted Spotify account may be recovered in seven days’ time after deleting the account. After which such an account is gone forever.
Above are some of the things that will happen when you delete your Spotify Account.
Steps on How to Delete a Spotify Account
If you are truly sure that you want to delete your Spotify account rather than reverse it to a free account, here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to the official website at www.spotify.com.
- Navigate to https://support.Spotify.com/comtact-spotify-support/.
- Next select “Account”.
- Choose the “I want to close my account” option.
- Read on the options and choose the “Close Account” option. If you really want to delete your Spotify account.
- Here you can select a free account if you would rather change to a free Spotify account. But if not;
- Choose the “Close Account” option.
- Verify if you are attempting to delete the correct account, next select “Continue”.
- If you have multiple users on your computer, it is very important to ensure that you are not deleting a friend or family member’s Spotify account on accident. Check to confirm your specificity.
- Read through the information displayed, and tick to indicate that you rightly understand, then choose the “Continue” option.
- When prompted, switch to your email client and look for an email from Spotify.
- When you receive a notification email from Spotify, to confirm you want to close your account. Read it and then select “Close My Account”.
- After you have seen the entire done message, it shows that your account has been successfully deleted.
That is all you need to do to successfully delete a Spotify account.
If you Change your Mind about Deleting your Spotify Account
The account deletion with Spotify is really a long process. Spotify makes it that way because it’s irreversible. So they are giving you a chance to rethink your decision before you close your account. However, there is a short period of grace given too if you wish to recover back your account.
However, if you change your mind about deleting your account within the next seven after deleting the account. The process can be undone. Spotify will send a confirmation email after any account has Ben closed, the email includes a reactivation link.
Within the next seven days after the deletion of your account, with a click on the link, you will have another opportunity to recover back your account. However, seven days after the deletion, you will lose the option to recover your account.
On the other hand, you can create a new account using the same email address. But with a brand new username, rebuild your library and get new followers again as you start.
Spotify Relevant Links
Spotify support center.
Their mobile app is available on Google Play and App Store.
Spotify Social Media Links
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Delete my Spotify Account?
First, you need to know that you cannot delete a premium Spotify account by yourself. You’ll have to go through Spotify’s customer support bot and cancel your Spotify subscription before attempting to delete your existing account.
How do I Permanently Delete my Free Spotify Account?
Once you’re ready, here’s how to delete your Spotify account. In your web browser, go to their customer service websites. Follow the prompts in a five-step confirmation process. And this will include an email with a link to close your account.
How do I Remove my Email from Spotify?
Change email address:
- Log in to your account page.
- Click EDIT PROFILE.
- Under Email, enter your new email address.
- Confirm your password.
- Click SAVE PROFILE.
How Long does it take for a Spotify Account to Delete?
You will then get an account closure email. In this, you must click on the “Close my account” button. Your account will now be deactivated and permanently deleted after 7 days.
Also, Check Out: