Searching for ways on how to download Facebook messenger, well worry no more as this article got you covered. With Facebook messenger, you get a chance to be together whenever, with our free all-in-one communication app, complete with unlimited text, voice, video calling, and group video chat features.
Easily sync your messages and contacts to your Android phone and connect with anyone, anywhere. You can do so much with Facebook messenger. It’s not that hard to download Facebook messenger. The mobile version of the social networking service is available from the major app stores, with one notable exception.
How to Download Facebook Messenger
To actually know how to download Facebook messenger is quite simple. And in some cases, the Facebook messenger comes with newly bought phones. It’s well-nigh impossible to be online and not encounter Facebook in some form.
Facebook claims to have 2.7 billion active monthly users, making it the most popular social networking app by far. And even if you don’t use Facebook on a regular basis, enough apps let you sign in using Facebook so that it might make sense to keep the Facebook messenger installed on your mobile device.
How to Install Facebook Messenger for Android
- Open the Google Play Store. Facebook Messenger is available for free from the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Messenger.” A list of results that match Messenger will be displayed.
- Select the “Messenger” from the results. Choose the Messenger app developed by “Facebook,” which should be towards the top of the list.
- Tap “Install.”Review the required permissions and then tap “Accept” if you still want to install.
- Wait for the app to download. This may take a few minutes. Depending on your Play Store settings, you may need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to download the app.
- Launch the Messenger app. You can find it on one of your Home screens or in your App Drawer. You can also tap the “Open” button on the Messenger store page
- Login with your Facebook account. If you have the Facebook app installed on your Android device already, you’ll be prompted to continue with the same account in Messenger.
- Login without a Facebook account (select regions only).
- Add your phone number (optional). You’ll be prompted to add your phone number so that friends can find you easier
- Decide if you want to upload your phone contacts (optional). Facebook Messenger will request access to your device’s contacts so that it can let you know if people you add are using Messenger.
- Start using Facebook Messenger. Once you are logged in, you will be shown all of your Facebook conversations. Get more details here.
How to Install Facebook Messenger on iOS, iPhone
Below are the steps to follow to easily install the Facebook messenger;
- Open the App Store on your iOS device. You can install Messenger for free using the App Store.
- Tap the “Search” tab at the bottom of the screen. This will open the app search field.
- Search for “Messenger.” A list of matching apps will appear.
- Tap “GET” next to the “Messenger” app. make sure this is the app developed by “Facebook, Inc.”
- Tap “INSTALL” to begin installing the app. The app should begin downloading get more details here