How can I link my sim card to NIN? Linking your sim to your NIN is very easy and simple. NIN stand for national identification number or national insurance number that is used by the governments of many countries as a means of tracking their citizens.
The Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) gives order to telecommunications operators in the country to block all SIM cards that are not registered with the National identity number within 2 weeks. That is, those who fail to register for NIN and link their SIM to it will be blocked or disconnect from using internet or making calls.
How To Link Your MTN | Airtel | Glo | 9mobile Lines to NIN?
For your line not to be disconnected from the network, you need to get them registered on NIN. Before you can link your NIN to your Sim cards, you must first be enrolled for the NIN at the designated centers.
Once you have successfully enrolled, you will be presented with a slip containing the NIN. You can also check the NIN through using USSD on your phone.
The USSD code is *346# and can be used by MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, and Glo networks.
How to Register for NIN
Before you Link your NIN to your SIM card, you need to enroll your NIN. Once you know your NIN is registered, then you can start linking it to another of your SIM card.
The following are ways to register for NIN:
- To register for NIN, you will have to visit the NIMC website to access the pre-enrolment portal: https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng and the online enrolment form
- Once open, fill form in block letters and proceed to the nearest enrolment center for biometrics capturing in order to obtain the NIN.
- After the capture and scanned, two slips are generated and given to you
- The slips are “transaction slip and the NIN slip indication completion of registration”
Now you have an NIN, the linking process will be very easy and simple.
Requirement for Linking NIN to Your Sim
When you want to link your NIN to your SIM card, you will likely need:
- Mobile Number
- You full name
- NIN number
- Email Address
- and Date of Birth.
With all these requirements, you can now start the linking process.
How To Link NIN to MTN SIM
To link your NIN to your MTN SIM, follow the procedure below:
- Open your web browser and visit https://mtnonline.com/nim/
- Once open, input your name, mtn phone number, NIN, and email address to process the NIN linking.
- Then move down and click on submit.
- Or Dial *785#.
- Once open, input your 11 digits NIN, then click on send.
- You will be notified if the linking is a success or not.
With this step, you can link your MTN line to your NIN.
How to Link NIN to Glo SIM
To Link your NIN to Glo SIM, follow the steps below:
- When linking online, open your web browser.
- visit the glo portal online: gloworld.com/ng/nin.
- Once open, fill your information and link. Then submit to link your number to your NIN.
- While through mobile, you can dial *109*your NIN#.
- Then follow the prompt to submit your details
Or you can text your 11 digits NIN number to 109 and wait for reply.
How to Link NIN to 9mobile Number
The follow are ways to send NIN to 9mobile SIM card:
- Open your phone or computer and visit https://9mobile.com.ng/nin.
- Once open, click on the green space with “verify and link your NIN now”
- Then enter your mobile number and fill the requirement and submit.
- Or you can also dial the *200*8# and follow the onscreen prompt to submit your details.
With this process, you can link your NIN to your 9mobile number with stress.
How to Link NIN to Airtel
The process of linking your NIN to your Artel SIM card is not as difficult as you think. The following are steps to follow in order to link your airtel sim:
- Open your mobile phone and dial *121*1#
- Enter your 11 digits NIN numbers.
- Then you will receive a text message saying “it’s successfully”
- If you are linking it online, then visit airtel.com.ng/nin.
- Once the page open, scroll down and submit your phone number and click proceed.
- You can follow the onscreen process to complete your airtel linking of your NIN.
With these few steps, you will be able to link your airtel line to your NIN either online or through mobile by dialing a code (*121*1#). Anyone you find easy; you can make use of it.
- Facebook Market Place – Steps on How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- Hotmail Account – Hotmail Account Creation | Access your old Email | Account Recovery
- Indiatimes – What is Indiatimes | Register for an Account | Access the News Portal
- https www twitch tv Activate on a Mobile Device or Computer
- Roku Fox Nation – How to Activate Fox Nation on Roku Device